Geographic location:Kunshan, Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province
Famous scenery:Fuan Bridge, Shuangqiao, Shenting Hall
Opening hours: 8:00-21:00
Zhouzhuang Ancient Town is the world’s cultural heritage pre-selected place, the first batch of national 5A-level tourist attractions, located in the southeast of Suzhou City, at the junction of Kunshan, Wujiang and Shanghai.
Zhouzhuang Ancient Town is surrounded by water, because of Hecheng Town, Yishui Street, and the street as the city. The well-shaped river course preserves 14 ancient stone bridges built in the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties. More than 800 aboriginal people live in the river, and more than 60% of the houses still retain the architectural style of the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
The main attractions of Zhouzhuang Ancient Town include Fu’an Bridge, Shuangqiao and Shen Hall.
During the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period, the Prince Wu was shaken and the king was shaken.
In the 14th year of the Tang Dynasty (640 years), the territory was in Suzhou, Jiangnan Road.
Long live the first year of Tongtian (696 years), the Suzhou government is prosperous, the agricultural business is flourishing, and the servant is multiplied, so the Suzhou Prefecture is located in the county, called Changzhou County.
In the first year of Yuanyou Yuanyou (1086), Zhou Digong Lang was here to set up a temple called “Quanfu”, and the people thanked Zhou Digonglang’s grace and renamed Yufengli as “Zhouzhuang”. . The change of Jingkang, the twenty-phase public gold and the Song Dynasty Nandu settled here, the people are gradually dense.
In the Yuan Dynasty to the first year of the Yuan Dynasty (1330), Shen You and Shen Ziwan of Shenzhou, Zhejiang Province, moved to Zhouzhuang Dongzhuang, where they started their business, and later engaged in trade, which made the grass market appear in the middle section of the north and south streets of the west side of Yinziyu.
Ming began to become a market town. During the Chenghua years, it was changed to Huating County, Songjiang Prefecture.
In the 21st year of Jiajing (1542), part of Huating and Shanghai counties were built in Qingpu County, and the territory was under Qingpu County. In this case, Zhouzhuang Township set up a township contract to preach the holy people to educate the people, which has been established since Zhouzhuang’s historical records. The earliest official institution.
During the reign of Shunzhi in the Qing Dynasty, the territory returned to Changzhou County.
In the first year of Emperor Kangxi (1662), Zhouzhuang set up a guardian of the city’s squadron, and led a group of soldiers to stand guard, and governed the landslides of Changzhou and Kunshan.
In the thirteenth year of Emperor Kangxi, the Chengshou Camp was relocated to Zhouzhuang Pass, which governed 15 water and land passes outside Suzhou.
In the second year of Yongzheng (1724), he analyzed the establishment of Yuanhe County in Changzhou County. The town was divided into two counties by the former Qiangang Port and the oil truck. The four-fifths of the left bank belonged to the Yuantai County of Sutai Township, and the fifth bank of the right bank belonged to Tongxiu Town of Jiuyong Township, Wujiang County.
Xuantong three years (1911), the implementation of township autonomy.
In the first year of the Republic of China (1912), Changzhou, Yuanhe and two counties were abolished, and the territory belonged to Wu County, and Zhouzhuang established a township office.
In the sixth year of the Republic of China (1917), the Zhouzhuang Town Office was established.
In the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927), the Zhouzhuang Township Preparatory Committee of Wu County was established.
In the 17th year of the Republic of China (1928), the Kuomintang Wuxian County Party Department established the seventh division in Zhouzhuang, and Fei Gong was the secretary. people
In the 18th year of the Republic of China (1929), Wu County set up the 11th district in Zhouzhuang, governing the two towns of Zhouzhuang and Chen Tomb (now Jinxi Town) and 45 townships nearby.
In the 24th year of the Republic of China (1935), 45 townships were combined into 8 townships of Yubei, Dianbei, Hudong, Huxi, Chennan, Chenbei, Xiudang and Yanpu.
In the twenty-sixth year of the Republic of China (1937), the Japanese invaders invaded and Zhouzhuang established a maintenance meeting.
In October of the 27th year of the Republic of China (1938), Chen Yaozong, the 735th regiment of the 45th Brigade of the Army, canceled the maintenance meeting and established the Zhouzhuang Town Office.
In the 30th year of the Republic of China (1941), Wu County rebuilt the 11th district in Chen Tomb, governing the Zhouzhuang and Chen Tomb areas.
In May of the 31st year of the Republic of China (1942), the Japanese Puppet Regime was established in Zhouzhuang to be known as the District 12. In June of this year, the district office was renamed the Qingxiang Special District Office.
In June of the 34th year of the Republic of China (1945), the Qingxiang Special District Office moved to Chen Tomb. On December 9th, Zhouzhuang established the Local Autonomy Association.
In the thirty-five years of the Republic of China (1946), Zhouzhuang Town was renamed Chujing Town, and it was renamed Zhouzhuang Town two years later.
In the thirty-sixth year of the Republic of China (1947), Huxi Township was merged into Dianbei Township, Yiming Dianxiang Township.
On May 8, 1949, Zhouzhuang was liberated, calling Zhouzhuang Town. In November, Yibei Township, Yibei Township, Yishang Township, Yishou Township, Yishuang Township, Lake Township, Yidong Township, Hudong Township, 1 town, 3 townships, respectively, belonged to Weinan District of Wu County.
In September 1952, 1 town and 3 townships were assigned to Kunshan County, belonging to the West Lake District.
In March 1956, the division of Taishi Township was merged into Wuhu and Shuanghu Townships. In August, Wuhu Township and Shuanghu Township merged into Zhouzhuang Township.
In 1998, the National Tourism Administration awarded the title of “China Famous Scenic Spots” in the Zhouzhuang Ancient Town Tourist Area.
In 2003, Zhouzhuang Town was awarded the Asia-Pacific World Cultural Heritage Protection Award by UNESCO;
In 2006, Zhouzhuang Town was re-elected as “Prepared List of China World Cultural Heritage” by the State Administration of Cultural Heritage;
In 2007, Zhouzhuang Town passed the “National First AAAAA Grade Tourist Attractions” of the National Tourism Administration.
In 2008, Zhouzhuang was officially named by the Ministry of Culture as the hometown of Chinese folk culture and art (water folklore);
In 2010, Zhouzhuang Town was awarded the title of “National Characteristic Landscape Tourism Town” jointly selected by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and Tourism Bureau.
In 2011, Zhouzhuang was awarded the title of “National Low Carbon Tourism Experimental Zone” by China Environmental Protection Federation and China Tourism Association Tourism Scenery Branch;
In 2012, Zhouzhuang Ancient Town was selected as a tourist attraction in the low-carbon tourism demonstration zone.
In 2014, Zhouzhuang Town was awarded the title of “Jiangsu Province Smart Tourism Demonstration Base” by Jiangsu Provincial Tourism Bureau.
Zhouzhuang Ancient Town is located 38 kilometers southeast of Suzhou City, 33 kilometers southwest, and Shanghai is about 70 kilometers away from Zhouzhuang, between Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou.
The ancient town of Zhouzhuang belongs to the subtropical monsoon climate with four distinct seasons, humid climate, abundant sunshine, long frost-free period, surrounded by mountains and waters, abundant water and lush vegetation.
The double bridge, commonly known as the Key Bridge, consists of a stone arch bridge – Shide Bridge and a stone bridge – Yongan Bridge. The Shide Bridge is 16 meters long and three meters wide with a span of 5.9 meters. The Yongan Bridge is 13.3 meters long and 2.4 meters wide with a span of 3.5 meters. In the double bridge, the stone arch bridge spans the north and south city rivers, and there is a stone step approach bridge at the east end of the bridge, which extends into the street; the stone beam bridge is at the Yinzi Pass, the bridge hole can only pass the boat, and the bridge is built by the stone.
Shen Hall was built by Shen Wanren, a descendant of Shen Wansan, in the 7th year of Qing Emperor Qianlong (1742). He occupies an area of over 2,900 square meters. He sits on the east and faces the west and enters the five-door building. There are more than 100 houses in different sizes.
Zhang Hall is a typical front hall and back hall in Jiangnan residential area. It is a relatively complete Ming Dynasty building in Zhouzhuang and a key cultural relics protection unit in Jiangsu Province. The entire hall covers an area of more than 1,800 square meters, more than 60 rooms of different sizes, divided into six front and back, and a private back garden.
Fu’an Bridge is located at the eastern end of Zhongshi Street, across the Nanbei River, through the North and South City Street, and there is a temple near the bridge, so it was originally called the General Manager Bridge. There are one building on the four corners of the bridge, and there is no stairs between the first and second floors of the building. It is necessary to go up to the outer bridge steps. There are five rare Wukang stones in the south of the bridge.
Nanhuyuan Quanfu Temple is divided into three departments, the east and west are gardens, which are built to commemorate the famous Tang Dynasty poets Liu Yuxi, Lu Guimeng and the Western Jin Dynasty writer Zhang Jiying. The middle is the Quanfu Temple.
The building was built in the late Qing Dynasty and the Ming Dynasty Chongzhen years of architecture. This small building was funded by the government in 1993 and has established a patriotic education base in Kunshan.
Zhouzhuang Library has more than 1,000 square meters. The museum mainly displays folk living utensils, farm tools, etc., as well as some famous black-skin pottery unearthed in China.
Zhouzhuang is a simple and elegant fixed painting, built on the shore of Baiji Lake in Zhouzhuang Yunhai Resort. It was built for the informal meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Trade Minister in 2001. It is 49.71 meters long and 15.68 meters wide. Steel hull, building house.
Chengxu Taoyuan is a Taoist shrine in Zhouzhuang. Taoism was founded in the Eastern Han Dynasty. It was founded by Zhang Ling. It has a history of more than 1800 years. Taoism is the teacher of Laozi, and Laozi’s Tao Te Ching is the main classic, pursuing self-cultivation. Longevity is not old.
Located in the east of Zhouzhuang Town, Caishen Residence is an imitation building designed, constructed and arranged on the original site based on historical data and historical features.
The tea culture in Zhouzhuang Ancient Town has a long history. It has always been known to eat “Apo Tea”, “Talk Tea”, and drink “Hui Tea”, “Spring Tea”, “Full Moon Tea” and other customs. It is called “Jiangnan Tea Ceremony”.
Zhouzhuang women’s traditional dresses have narrow-sleeved flower buds, floral bases and delicate embroidery.
The string chord is a traditional folk art of Zhouzhuang, which has been circulated for nearly 200 years. It is a unique form of folk art in Zhouzhuang village. It is similar to the name of the church, but also has the style of rap and Pingtan. According to the artist’s widows and performances, the Xuan Juan is divided into two types: the silk string and the wooden fish. The former generally consists of six members of the publicity team, fucking erhu three strings, flutes, wooden fish, bronze cymbals and other musical instruments; the other person and the Buddha, the mouth of the Buddha and the volume, the form is simple.
Wan Sanshou is a must-have dish for the Jiangnan giant Fu Wan Sanjia to entertain guests. “If you have a feast, you must have a hoof.” After hundreds of years of circulation, it has become the main dish of Zhouzhuang people’s Chinese New Year holiday and wedding banquet. It means reunion and is also a good dish for guests.
Zou Shixian had opened a public tea restaurant in the early Ming Dynasty. On the holidays, his neighboring wealthy family, Shen Wansan, often ordered a large number of cakes to be presented and entertained relatives and friends. Later, he was rumored as “Wan San Cake”. Zou’s tea workshop not only produces traditional Wansan cakes and Quanfugong cakes, but also meets the tastes of different customers according to seasonal changes. It produces sesame cake, peanut cake, walnut cake, jade cake, mint cake, salt and pepper cake, pine cake, and incense. More than 20 kinds of cakes such as cakes, layer cakes and step cakes.
The old elders maintain an old and unique way of drinking tea – stewed tea. Place a large dragon water tank in the house and store it in the sky. When you eat tea, you can break into the pottery jar, rest on the stove, and cook with the branches. Tea with a sealed bowl or purple teapot, put the tea, start with a small amount of boiling water, then “tea brew”, then cover the lid, wait for a moment, and then flush a lot of water.
International Tourism Festival
As of 2013, China Zhouzhuang International Tourism Festival has been successfully held for 18 sessions. The tourism festival is based on the market and is open to the public. The opening ceremony reflects the simplicity of the style and presents Zhouzhuang characteristics with certain market effects. During the festival, a series of theme activities will be launched to render Zhouzhuang’s new features, introduce Zhouzhuang leisure items and products, and present different contents of Zhouzhuang to different groups and spread Zhouzhuang’s reputation.
Water town wedding
On the ship’s glimpse, a bang of drums rushed out, wearing a red robes and feet.
The bride of the embroidered shoes, with the support of the bridesmaids, they sat on the welcome boat parked in Zhang Hall. The groom dressed in a long gown, a horse, and a bowler hat is waiting in the sinking hall not far away.
The express boat of Zhouzhuang Ancient Town began in the early Qing Dynasty. After hundreds of years of follow-up, the Clipper has become a large-scale entertainment event for the folks, the festive harvest, and the wedding.
The lighting of Zhouzhuang Ancient Town originated from the Qing Dynasty and was held to greet the Kangxi Emperor’s southern tour. Later, it gradually became a traditional entertainment project for the local people, and was held every three to five years.
In the past, the 15th lunar month of the lunar calendar, the Wuzhong farmer used the straw to burn in the field, called “burning the field”, Zhou Zhuang said it was “playing the field”. On the Lantern Festival, on the Zhouzhuang Niulang Temple Square, a raft was set up, and lanterns were hung on both sides. The top is tied with straw, contains firecrackers, painted with flammable objects and mud, and then pastes yellow paper, which is in the shape of an ingot, that is, “Tian Cai”.
March 28th Festival
In the past, March 28 was a thrift, Zhouzhuang funded the disciples of the Liyuan Garden for three days, and the villagers shared entertainment.
The Zhouzhuang Town People’s Government is responsible for organizing, coordinating and supervising the construction of key protected areas, buffer zones and tourist supporting areas in the ancient town. The office of the Zhouzhuang Ancient Town Protection Committee (hereinafter referred to as the Ancient Insurance Office) is responsible for the protection of ancient towns. According to the national, provincial and municipal regulations and the “Interim Measures for the Protection of Zhouzhuang Ancient Towns” and “Detailed Planning for the Protection of Zhouzhuang Ancient Towns”, the management of ancient towns is managed. Supervision and guidance.
The key protected areas in Guzhen are: Xizhi Oil Truck, Siqian Port; North to Hougang Street North, Minjiang Street West, and East; North City Street, Yinzi Temple, Weihe East Rice; South to South Lake The new Kaihe River has a range of 0.24 square kilometers. The buffer zone refers to the area of 0.23 square kilometers except the Dongpu and key protected areas south of the Gangshuigang Bridge. The tourist supporting area refers to all areas except Daqiao Road and the south of the bridge except for 0.47 square kilometers.
Tickets for the day tour are 100 yuan/person, and tickets for the night tour are 80 yuan/person.