Geographic location:Lushaer Town, Yuzhong County
Suitable for the play season:June-August
Opening hours: 08:00~17:00
The Ta’er Monastery, also known as the Ta’er Temple, was founded in the 12th year of Ming Hongwu (1379). Named after the Dajinwa Temple to commemorate the founder of the Yellow Church, Tsongkhapa, the Tibetan language is called “Sakamoto Hiroshi Bahrain”, meaning “the Maitreya Temple of 100,000 lions and Buddha statues”, located in Xining City, Qinghai Province. Lushai Town, Yuzhong County, 25 km southwest, national AAAAA-level tourist scenic spot.
The Ta’er Monastery is the activity center of Tibetan Buddhism in northwestern China. It is famous in China and Southeast Asia. The central government of the past generations highly praised the religious status of the Ta’er Monastery. The Ming Dynasty gave many names to the upper religious figures in the temple. The Emperor Kangxi of the Qing dynasty gave the title of “Net Shangjinliang”, the Emperor Qianlong gave the title of “Vanzong Temple”, and gave the “Sanskrit Method” to the Dajinwa Temple. Amount. The Three Dalai Lama, the Fourth Dalai Lama, the Fifth Dalai Lama, the Seventh Dalai Lama, the XIII Dalai Lama, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama and the Sixth Panchen Lama, the Ninth Panchen Lama and the Tenth Panchen Lama were all performed at the Ta’er Monastery. Have religious activities.
Ghee flowers, murals and piles of embroidery are known as “the three art of the Ta’er Temple”. In addition, there are many Buddhist books and academic monographs on history, literature, philosophy, medicine and legislation. The “Four Laws” of the Buddhist activities held every year is even more lively. The butter sculpture of the Ta’er Monastery is also vivid and famous.
The Ta’er Monastery is one of the six monasteries of the Gelug Sect (Huangjiao) of Tibetan Buddhism in China. It is also the premier scenic spot in Qinghai Province and the national key cultural relics protection unit. On April 13, 2018, he was shortlisted for “Magic Northwest 100 Scenes”.
The Ta’er Monastery is the first tower, and there is a temple, hence the name Ta’er Temple. The Ta’er Monastery is a Buddhist center in Qinghai Province and northwestern China and a holy place of the Yellow Religion. The main building is located on the slope of the Lianhua Mountain. It is located on the slope of the Lianhua Mountain. There are Dajinwa Temple, Dajing Hall, Maitreya Hall and Nine. More than 9,300 rooms (seats), such as the Diandian, Huasi, Xiaojinwa Temple, Ju Bazaar, Dingko Zakang, Mamba Zhacang, Da Lalang, Big Kitchen, Ruyi Pagoda, etc., form a huge combination of Tibetan and Chinese. The building complex covers an area of 450,000 square meters.
There are more than 1,000 courtyards in the Ta’er Temple, including Dajinwa Temple, Xiaojinwa Temple, Huasi Temple, Dajingtang, Jiujian Hall, Da Lalang, Ruyi Tower, Taiping Tower, Bodhi Tower, and Gate Tower. The temple is a large-scale palace, a Buddhist temple, a Buddhist monasteries, a palace, a lama, a courtyard, a courtyard, and a courtyard. It has been a center of Huangjiao and a Buddhist holy place since ancient times. The architecture of the temple covers the style of the Han Palace and the Tibetan flat roof. It uniquely combines the Chinese style of the three-style mountain with the Tibetans and the shackles of the Tibetans. In one, harmony and perfection form a complex of Chinese and Tibetan art styles. The Ta’er Monastery is not only a Chinese lama religious sacred place, but also one of the high-level institutions that have created a large number of Tibetan intellectuals. The temple has four major schools: Xianzong, Tantric, Astronomy and Medicine.
The temples of the Ta’er Temple are high and low, and they are in harmony. Located in the center of the temple, the Dajinwa Temple, with its green walls and golden tiles, is the main building of the temple. It is associated with the Xiaojinwa Temple (the Temple of the Protection of the Temple), the Great Hall, the Maitreya Temple, the Sakyamuni Temple, the Yiyi Temple, and the Manjusri. Bodhisattva Hall, Da Lateng Palace (Auspicious Palace), the four major scholastic academies (Zhang Zong Jing Yuan, Mi Zong Jing Yuan, Yi Ming Jing Yuan, ten rounds of the sects) and the Butter Flower Garden, the Dance God Dance House, the Living Buddha House, the Ruta Tower, the Bodhi Tower, and the Gate Towers, hourly towers, and squatters have formed a complex of buildings with a patchwork, rigorous layout, unique style, and integration of Chinese and Tibetan techniques.
Eight treasures wishful tower
Located in the front square of the temple. It is said that these eight towers were built to commemorate the eight merits of Buddha Sakyamuni’s life and were built in 1776. Its shape is similar, the height of the tower is 6.4 meters, the circumference of the tower is 9.4 meters, and the base area is 5.7 square meters. The tower is covered with white ash, the base is made of blue bricks, and the waist is decorated with scriptures. There is also a Buddhist altar in the south of each tower, which contains Sanskrit.
Located in the middle of the temple. The Tibetan language is called “Sailton Qingmo”, which means Jinwa. Its construction area is 450 square meters. Dajinwa Temple was first built in 1560 AD. Later in 1711, it used gold 1300 two, silver more than 10,000 two to change the roof to the golden dome, forming a three-tiered heavy-duty mountain-style golden dome, and later in the mouth Decorated with gold-plated cloud heads and dripping lotus petals. The ridge is equipped with a pagoda and a pair of “flame palms”. There are diamonds and brass bells in the four corners. The bottom layer is a sulphur-glazed brick wall, the second floor is a side wall of the jade wall, highlighting the golden Sanskrit mirror, the front colonnade is wrapped with a Tibetan carpet, and the temple is also hung with the golden dragonfly of the Emperor Qianlong. The inscription is “Vatican Method” . Entering the Dajinwa Hall, the 12.5-meter-high Grand Silver Tower stands on the front, which is where Tsongkhapa was born. The Grand Silver Tower is made of sterling silver as a base, plated with gold, and inlaid with various jewels, wrapped in dozens of white “Hada” to show elegance. There is a raft on the tower, and there is a Tsongkhapa statue inside. There are various kinds of butter lamps in the front of the tower, the silver drum horn and the jade furnace gold building. Liang Shuo is covered with cymbals, cymbals, embroidered Buddhas, bibs and cloths, and the algae of Chen Tianhua, with layers of Hada, dazzling. The entire building is majestic and majestic.
Also known as the Temple of Protection. It was first built in the Chongzhen four years of the Ming Dynasty (AD 1631). Specimens such as bison, sheep, bears and monkeys are set in the corridor of the temple. It is said that these beast specimens symbolize that all demons and ghosts have been conquered by God. There is a white horse specimen on the left side of the temple. It is said that the third Dalai Lama rode from Lhasa, Tibet to Qinghai Taer Temple. After the Dalai Lama went to the Tatar Monastery, he went to Mongolia to say that this white horse refused to leave, so he stayed. Soon, the horse died without eating. Later generations used it as a god horse and displayed it to the gods.
It is a Tibetan-style flat-top structure with civil structure and is the largest building in the Ta’er Monastery. With a construction area of nearly 2,000 square meters, it is a large-scale hall with 168 pillars. It was first built in the Ming Dynasty in the 30th year of Wanli, in 1606 AD. It is a place where the monks of the monastery concentrate on chanting. There is a buddha pad in the hall, which can be used by thousands of lamas to sing. The interior is very well-prepared, decorated with yellow, red, green, blue and white enamel, enamel and various kinds of smallpox algae, full of halls; there are precious large piles of embroidered Buddhas and embroidered Buddhas; The pattern of the pattern is delicate and vivid. The pillars in the temple are all wrapped in the Tibetan carpet of the dragon and the phoenix, and the whole hall is colorful and magnificent. On the roof of more than 1,000 square meters, in accordance with the religious system and traditional Tibetan art, the gold deer wheel with copper sheet metal, various gold buildings, treasure bottles, pagodas, treasure umbrellas and down clocks, etc., a monotonous The grass mud flat top is beautifully dressed. Looking at the top, the golden splendor, giving people a sense of majesty.
Also known as the Longevity Buddhist Temple, it was built for the Seventh Dalai Lama to recite the Longevity Classic, hence the name Longevity Buddhist Temple. It has formed a small courtyard. The front is a small door with a sapphire glass brick wall, exquisite and chic. There are linden trees in the courtyard, the leaves are lush, and the shade is shaded, clean and elegant. There are more than 30 statues of Buddha, such as Sakyamuni, in the temple. Woodcut relief, overlapping layers, Buddhist temple background, carved wood painted gold. The hand-carved carvings are exquisite and meticulous, which is the crystallization of the wood carving art of the Ta’er Temple. Its shape is a two-story porch, with a top of the mountain, the roof with four corners, and the arches are exquisite and bright, like a beautiful wood carving.
Also known as the Manjushri Temple, it is a Chinese-style hardtop building with nine wide rooms and three deep rooms with an area of 592 square meters. It was first built in the 20th year of Ming Wanli (AD 1592), and was expanded in the 12th year of Qing Emperor Yongzheng (AD 1734). The colonnade is a Tibetan-style sacred gossip column. The whole hall consists of three units, from north to south, the Lions, the Manjusri and the Tsongkhapa. Huasi Temple, also known as the Church of the Patriotic Church, was built in the fifty-sixth year of Qing Emperor Kangxi (AD 1717) and is an independent small courtyard. The temple is a two-story building on the top of the mountain. The stigma of the stigma is decorated with birds, beasts, flowers, and scrolls, and the walls are decorated with glazed bricks. The temple is dedicated to statues of Sakyamuni, sixteen arhats and the four King Kong.
It consists of three halls of Jingtang, Huamen and Archway. It is a combination of Chinese and Tibetan architecture. It is the residence of the General Law School of the Ta’er Monastery. Dalai and Panchen have been here. Kubazakura (Mitang College) is a Tibetan flat-top building. Mamba Zakang and Dingko Zakang belong to the Han and Tibetan buildings. There are dozens of pagodas, including eight statues of Ruyi Pagoda, squares, bottle-shaped towers and spires, which were built in front of the temple. They were built according to the important experiences and legends of Sakyamuni. Finally, I finally got the Ta’er Monastery.
The Ta’er Monastery is the birthplace of the Tsongkhapa Master (original name Luosang Zaba, 1357-1419). Master Tsongkhapa studied at the Xiaqiong Temple in his early years. At the age of 16, he went to Tibet to study, reformed Tibetan Buddhism, and founded the Gelug Sect (Huangjiao) to become a master. Legend has it that after his birth, a white peony tree grows from the place where the umbilical cord is shed. There are 100,000 leaves on the tree. Each piece of self-ignition shows a lion statue (a kind of Sakyamuni figure). The name of this “(100,000 figure) is derived from this.
Since the establishment of the Ta’er Monastery, it has gradually perfected the systemization of its own temple religious organization, temple political organization and temple economic source and cultural life. Among them, the temples and temples that can best reflect the various organizations of the Ta’er Temple are counted. The temple fair is both a good opportunity for the monks to study and a time for their entertainment.
Six years after Tsongkhapa went to Tibet, his mother Xiangsha Ache looked forward to enthusiasm. People took a bunch of white hair and a letter and asked Tsongkha to go home. After Tsongkhapa received the letter, he decided not to return to Buddhism. He gave his mother and sister a self-portrait and a lion statue, and wrote: “If you can use 100,000 lions at the place where I was born, The linden tree (the white peony tree at the birth of Tsongkhapa) builds a stupa for the fetus, just like meeting me.” In the second year, the 12th year of Ming Hongwu (1379), Xiangsa Ache built a tower with the support of the believers, and named it “Lian Ju Tower.” In the following 180 years, although the tower was rebuilt and repaired many times, it has not formed a temple.
In the thirty-ninth year of Jiajing (1560), the Zen master Ren Qin Zongzhe firmly praised the construction of a quiet room on the side of the tower. Five years later, in the five years of Wanli (1577), the Maitreya was built on the south side of the tower. At this point, the Ta’er Monastery has begun to take shape.
In the tenth year of Wanli (1582), the third Dalai Lama, Sonam Gyatso, came to Qinghai for the second time. In the spring of the next year, the local Shenzhong Ansuo was asked to go to the Ta’er Monastery. The three Dalai Lama went to Renqin Zongzhe and praised the local Shenzhong, Sinai, Yijia, Longben, Mina and other Tibetan tribes to instruct the expansion of the Ta’er Monastery, to present the Buddha statues, and to carry out various temple-building ceremonies. Since then, the Ta’er Monastery has developed rapidly, and has successively built the Dalai Palace, the Third Dalai Lamenta Hall, the Nine Halls, the Yiyi Temple, the Shakya Temple, etc.
In the first month of Wanli forty years (1612), the establishment of the Xianzong College was officially established. The opening ceremony marked the establishment of the Ta’er Monastery as a regular temple of the Gelug Sect.
Since the Qing Emperor Kangxi, the imperial court has given many gifts to the Ta’er Monastery. There are plaques, instruments, statues, scrolls, and pagodas. The temple’s Ajia, Sai Chi, Laco, Sedo, Xiangsa, Sina, and West are living Buddha systems, which were named Hutuktu or Nozhan Khan. Among them, Ajia, Saiqi, Laco are in the Hutuktu in Beijing, and some have been the lama of the Lama Temple in Beijing and Wutai Mountain in Shanxi. It is precisely because of these special reasons that the Ta’er Monastery has developed rapidly and is becoming more and more large. It has become one of the six major monasteries at home and abroad that are known by the Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism. There are more than 9,300 existing buildings in the Ta’er Monastery, covering an area of more than 600 acres, and 25 halls, mainly Daikinwa Hall, Dajing Hall, Jiujian Hall, Xiaojinwa Hall, Huasi Temple, Da Larang, Maitreya Buddha Hall. Shakyamuni Temple, Yiyi Temple, etc. At the peak, there were more than 3,600 monks, and there were 1983 people in the early days of liberation.
Due to the accumulation of history, the temple’s cultural relics are extremely rich, and the collection of architecture, instruments, statues and documents makes the temple a treasure trove of art. The temple has the four major colleges of Xianzong, Tanzong, Shilun, Yiming and Bazaar, studying the knowledge of Buddhism and Tibetan language, writing, astronomy, calendar, medicine, dance, sculpture, painting, architecture, etc. In the 7th year of Daoguang (AD 1827), the temple was created, and the Tibetan classics and various works were printed and sold in various places in the Tibetan area. The temple is held four times a year in the first month of the lunar calendar, in April, June and September, and it is called the “Four Great Views.” By then, the masses of the localities will gather and the scale will be grand. In addition, in the end of October, the lunar calendar has a “lighting five festivals” to commemorate Tsongkhapa’s silence and a year-end gift to the gods.
In August 1949, the 10th Panchen Erdeni·Jijijianzong ceremony was held at the Ta’er Monastery. In October of the same year, the 10th Panchen Lama sent a congratulatory message to the Chairman Mao Zedong from the Ta’er Monastery to congratulate the founding of the People’s Republic of China. Later, the Ta’er Monastery was protected by the state and the State Council announced it as a national key cultural relics protection unit. In April 1951, representatives of the Central People’s Government and the local government of Tibet held negotiations on peaceful liberation of Tibet in Beijing. The Central Committee invited the 10th Panchen to Beijing. The 10th Panchen Lama went to Beijing and was received by Chairman Mao Zedong and Premier Zhou Enlai.
On April 13, 2018, he was shortlisted for “Magic Northwest 100 Scenes”.
Collected cultural relics
There are a large number of cultural relics such as bronze statues, bronze Buddha statues, gold and silver lamps, gold book collections, woodcut plates, instruments, spiritual head towers, royal gifts, murals, and piles. Among them, the murals and piles of embroidered and butter flowers are known as the three temples of Ta’er Temple. Most of the murals are painted on the cloth with mineral pigments. The main contents are the changes, the hour wheel, the Buddha and so on. The pile embroidered is embroidered on the cloth with various colors of satin, sheepskin, cotton, etc. into a pattern of Buddha, Bodhisattva, Heavenly King, Arhat, Sacred, Flower, Bird and Beast.
New travel regulations
Beginning in 2018, the Ta’er Temple Scenic Area has requirements for visitors to dress. It is stipulated that visitors must wear long gowns and long skirts to visit and observe the behaviors. If the dress is too exposed, it will not be able to visit.