Geographic location:Nanjiao, Guiyang City, about 29 kilometers from the city
Famous scenery:Jiu Temple, Eight Temples, Wuge, Erqi, Qingyan Academy, Wanshou Palace
Suitable for the play season:Best in March-October
Qingyan Ancient Town, one of the four ancient towns in Guizhou, is located in the southern suburb of Guiyang City, Guizhou Province. It was built in the Ming Dynasty of Hongwu (1378) and was originally a military fortress. The ancient buildings in the ancient town are exquisitely designed and exquisitely crafted in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The temples and pavilions are painted with carved beams and flying corners. The town has a collection of people, including the famous celebrity Zhou Yuxi and the late Qing Dynasty champion Zhao Yizhen (the first literary champion in Guizhou history). The town has historical relics such as the Qingyan teachings and ruins, the Zhaozhuang Yuanfu, the former residence of Mr. Ping Gang, and the Red Army Long March Operation Command. Zhou Enlai’s father, Deng Yingchao’s mother, Li Kenong and other revolutionary predecessors and their families all lived in Qingyan secretly. Qingyan Ancient Town was one of the western migration schools of Zhejiang University during the Anti-Japanese War.
In September 2005, Qingyan Ancient Town Scenic Spot was announced by the Ministry of Construction and the State Administration of Cultural Heritage as the second batch of Chinese historical and cultural towns. In 2013, it was praised as one of the most attractive towns in China in the Peak International Intangible Cultural Heritage Protection and Inheritance Tourism Planning Project. In 2010, Qingyan Ancient Town won the honorary title of “Hometown of Chinese Poetry” awarded by the Chinese Poetry Society and took the lead in becoming the hometown of poetry in the country. In 2016, it was listed as the first batch of Chinese towns by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development. On February 25, 2017, it was rated as a national 5A tourist attraction.
Qingyan Ancient Town is located in Huaxi District, Guiyang City, Guizhou Province. It is the first national 5A-level tourist scenic spot in Guiyang City. It is one of the second batch of famous historical and cultural towns in China. It has a history of more than 600 years, and its human history is profound and its regional characteristics are very attractive. . The ancient town of Qingyan was built in the 11th year of Ming Hongwu (AD 1378). It was built in the Ming Dynasty by the soldiers of the Ming Dynasty. It is named after the blue rock. It is a mountain warrior that evolved from the military defense. It is known as the “South Gate of Guiyang”. “The name.”
At the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, the ancient town of Qingyan was built as a bunker. Four years to seven years of apocalypse (1624 ~ 1627), the Buyi tribe, Ban Lingui, built Qingyan Tucheng, led the seventy-two villages, and controlled the eight fans and twelve divisions. As a military fortress and a special geographical position, Qingyan Ancient Town has been built and expanded several times in the following years. The Tucheng City has been transformed into a stone wall and the streets are paved with stone. The surrounding walls are built on the cliff with boulder, and there are four gates in the east, west, south and north. There are nearly 100 cultural relics in the city within 3 square kilometers.
In order to control the southwestern border, the central dynasty set up the Guizhou Guard Commander in the sixth year of Hongwu (1373) to control the Sichuan, Yunnan, Hunan, and Guiyang Roads. Qingyan is located in the middle section of the main ramp in Guiyang, Guangxi. It is set up on the ramp to set up a “shop” for the transfer of official documents and a “tang” for transmitting military affairs. It is stationed under the double lion peak and built in the history of the army.
In the 14th year of Hongwu (1381), Zhu Yuanzhang sent 300,000 troops to the expedition. A large number of troops entered the hinterland of the middle of the country and settled in Putian. The “Qingyanyu” gradually developed into the “Qingyan Fort” where the military and civilians were stationed.
Qingyan Ancient Town is located in the southern suburb of Guiyang City. It is about 29 kilometers away from the urban area. It is the center of the southern suburb of Huaxi District, the historical and cultural ancient town of Guizhou Province. It is located at 106°37′—106°44′ east longitude and 26°17′—26°23′ north latitude. It is about 10 kilometers long from north to south and 8 kilometers wide from east to west, with a total area of 92.3 square kilometers.
The ancient town of Qingyan is surrounded by mountains and the walls of the city gates are all made of stone.
The ancient town of Qingyan belongs to the subtropical monsoon climate. The annual average precipitation is about 1250 mm, the sunshine time is 2200 hours, and the average temperature is 14 °C-15 °C. It is suitable for sightseeing all year round.
Qingyan Ancient Town has a profound historical background. Climbing up the side of the town is not too high, you can take a bird’s eye view of the town. The town is not built on a flat surface but built on a rugged hillside. Looking from the heights, the pattern of the whole town. Give people a three-dimensional beauty that is difficult to see in other ancient towns. In addition to the numerous temples in Qingyan Ancient Town, there is still a Christ Church and a Catholic Church. Many religions live in harmony and form their unique style.
Proboscis wood carving
Proboscis wood carvings are very common in Qingyan dwellings. Most of them are used for provocation in front of the house. Provocation is to bear the weight. It is undoubtedly the embodiment of strength. The Linzhuzi of Qingyan residential houses has a circular cross section, a square shape, and a square horn. Round and square are called cylinders and square columns, while square horns are called “sesame columns” because their columns resemble sesame rods. In addition to a certain line of beauty, the “Sesame Column” also reflects the traditional cultural mentality of “multiple children and more blessings” and “step by step”.
Most of the Chaomenmen are the hanging flowers, and some of them are carved on the door cover with carved stone structure and column foundation. The appearance is very realistic. Some people, in front of the front door or in front of the gate, paved with bluestone slabs, carved with bats, ancient money, ginkgo, squid and other patterns, meaning “open the door to see the blessing”, “open the door to see the wealth”, “open the door to see the child “, “more than a year” and “squid jumping dragon gate” and other Jixiang. The exterior decoration of Qingyan dwellings does not look so luxurious, so it is not particularly eye-catching. This somewhat reflects the traditional concept of Qingyan merchants’ “no money”. However, a closer look reveals that the exterior decoration of Qingyan residences is extremely rich in cultural connotations, such as an ancient book that is very chewy. Door carvings, door sills, pomegranates, gourds, sunflowers and other wood carvings on the flail, both meaning “multiple sons” and “duofu”. “Multiple children and many blessings” are all people’s dreams. Many large families, front yard people shop, backyard is the living room, hatchback is the study room. The study window carvings are mostly ice cracks, which means that after ten years of cold windows, you can fly to the sky.
Heavy hanging mountain
The double-dwelling mountain-style dwellings are completely ingenious combination between human bionics and commercial operations. The residential area of Qingyan Ancient Town does not seem to be significantly different from other Ming and Qing Dynasties, with blue-stone walls and quaint vicissitudes. Careful observation, but has its own very distinct personality and regional color. Guizhou has always said that there is no such thing as a sunny day. It can’t delay the business when it rains. The savvy businessmen have accumulated the experience and lessons, and the typical houses of Qingyan Town were born. The facades as shops are generally taller. The first priority is that they can’t stand the wind and rain. Not to mention the mountain rain with the wind, but you can’t close the door and not do business. And then add a heavy 檐, a good protection of the counter, so that the big rain is not afraid. If you look closely, you will find that the double eyelids are like human eyebrows and eyelashes. The eyelashes are the eyelashes, not the eyebrows. The eyebrows play a decorative role. This bionics shop-style residential building fully reflects The wisdom of the working people of the ancient town and the spirit of being creative. This kind of multi-functional residential building that uses human bionics and is unique in its characteristics is rare even if it is placed nationwide.
Qingyan dwellings, more than built waist door, its door bucket and handle are quite learned. Many people’s home fighting, carved into a peach shape, like a shape. Or tiger head shape, horn shape. Some handles are made into gourd shape, pomegranate shape or auspicious cloud shape. Commonly known as the “door hammer” door threshold, or carved 乾卦, Kun 卦. Or carving peony and sunflower. The door is carved, and the patterns of peach, pomegranate, auspicious cloud, wishful or dragon and phoenix are known as “door dragon”.
Door carvings, door sills, pomegranates, gourds, sunflowers and other wood carvings on the flail, both meaning “multiple sons” and “duofu”. “Multiple children and many blessings” are all people’s dreams. Ruyi, Peony, Xiangyun, Longfeng and other patterns are all mascots in traditional culture and have always been favored by the people. Qingyan window carvings are also very exciting. In addition to the common patterns of Fu, Lu, Shouyi and farming, reading, fishing, and enamel, there are also dragons, phoenixes, lions, elephants and other shapes. Many large families, the front yard is a shop, the back yard is a living room, and the hatchback is a study room. The study window carvings are mostly ice cracks, which means that after ten years of cold windows, you can fly to the sky. Qingyan folk houses are arched, some are carved into bat shape, and some are carved into butterfly shape. In the view of Han culture, bats and butterflies usually represent “blessings”, and butterflies even symbolize “shou”. The homonym of the butterfly is “Fu” and “耋”. If a person can live to the “year of fashion,” it is undoubtedly the old birthday star. Wooden pillars of Qingyan folk houses.
In the small ancient town, ancient buildings abound, in addition to the above eight arches, there are nine temples: Longquan, Ciyun, Guanyin, Chaoyang, Yingxiang (also known as Douge), Shoufo, Yuantong, Phoenix, Lotus; Temple: Medicine V, Black Zen, Chuanzhu, Leizu, Fortuna, Sun Yi, Dongyue; There are five pavilions: Kuiguang, Wenchang, Yunlong, Sangong, Jade Emperor; There are two 祠: Ban Lingui Tusi, Zhao Guozhen There are Zhao Zhuangyuan (炯炯), Qingyan Academy, Wanshou Palace, and Shuixinglou. There is also a rare tree in the world, “Qingyan Fir”; there are four caves of the gods, Huanglong, Huashan and Yigong; there are Triassic paleontological fossil mountains.
In history, there are eight arches inside and outside the four gates of Qingyan Ancient City. The only preserved ones are the “Zhou Wangshi’s Liu’s Festival Xiaofang Square” outside the South Gate, the “Zhao Lilun Baishoufang” in the South Gate, and the “Zhao Caizhang” outside the North Gate. Baishoufang” three. The architectural styles of the three arches are basically the same. They are all three-column, three-story, three-story, four-story, 9.5-meter-high, 9-meter-wide, facing south and south, belonging to the Qing Dynasty stone archway architectural style. Surprisingly, the three arches have no base trough, and they stand directly on the ground with four rectangular columns, and they stand for more than 100 years. Among them, “Zhao Lilun Baishoufang” is only a few steps away from Dingguangmen. It is unique in creativity and praised by the art master Liu Haisu as “a rare and incomparable art boutique”. The three stone arches have also become photography enthusiasts. Love.
Back Street is the most characteristic stone alley in Qingyan. After several hundred years of scouring and honing, the pavement’s bluestone slabs have been able to be seen, such as mirror-like black and green light, bringing a unique kind to the streets. Time and space and mystery. The street is surrounded by layers of stone walls, the road is narrow and quiet, along the hills and undulating, is a perfect location for photography. Near the back street is also a place where the attractions are concentrated.
Zhuangyuanfu is the former residence of the first literary figure in Guizhou—Zhao Yizhen’s former residence. It is located at No. 1 Zhuangyuan Street in the town. The intersection of Zhuangyuan Street and North Street is called “The Lower House Street” on the south side. It is easier to indicate the street signs on the North Street Main Road. turn up. In front of the courtyard is a simple couplet “Qinhe Psychology, Analects of the Analects”, showing the owner’s lifelong volunteering. The government sits on the south and faces the north. It is a two-in-one courtyard. The government sits on the south and faces the north. It is a two-in-one courtyard. It is a two-seat hatchback. The style is a mountain-style, with a total area of about 700 square meters. The existing front hall, main hall, hatchback and Chaomenmen have many different “shou” characters on the inner wall of the door. It is said that this was the time when Zhao Yizhen’s great-grandfather Zhao Lilun was 100 years old. The building is dominated by wooden structures, and the style is not ostentatious, quiet and bleak, and it is a scholarly style.
Wenchang Pavilion is located at No. 143 East Street and covers an area of over 800 square meters. Built in the Wanli Period of the Ming Dynasty, during the reign of Emperor Qianlong, the brick and wood structure was built on the mountain, which is the octagonal style of the corner. It is a place where old people often go to study, gather, and worship Wenchang Emperor.
Ciyun Temple is located at No. 5 North Street. It was built in the Kangxi period, rebuilt in the 12th year of Daoguang (1832), with a total area of nearly 2,000 square meters. The legend is that the West Street Wu surnamed people donated. The entire building structure is kept intact, and there are many stone pillars for the stone carving art of Shizhu Foundation in Guiyang City.
Located at No. 3 West Street, adjacent to Ciyun Temple. During the reign of Emperor Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty, Jiaqing three years (1798) was rebuilt. It was not a Taoist temple at the earliest, but the Jiangxi Guild Hall, which was the place where merchants came from the south to the north, and later transformed into Taoist temples. The whole palace is composed of the main hall, the temple, the west wing, the theater building and the living area. It sits east to west and covers an area of more than 1,000 square meters. However, most of the buildings were destroyed in the “Cultural Revolution”, and most of them were later rebuilt. The most interesting thing in the palace is the theater building, in which the wood carvings are exquisite. On the wooden beams on the right side of the theater building, a group of high relief figures are the most famous. The content is “Hongmen Banquet”, “Four Faces Ambush” and “Four Sides of Chu Ge”, etc., which is very popular in military culture.
Yingxiang Temple, located at the foot of the hill on the west side of South Street, was built in the Tianqi Period of the Ming Dynasty. It is known as the “Zhushan Ancestral Temple” and is one of the famous ancient temples in Guiyang. It is still very strong. The temple has a three-storey temple, the former is the Heavenly King Hall, and there is a statue of Maitreya in the temple. The statues of the four kings are molded on both sides of the temple. Passing through the front hall, it is the Daxiong Treasure Hall. The Buddha is in the middle of the Buddha Sakyamuni. There are two Bodhisattvas, Manjusri and Puxian. The lower tier of the lower hall is for the Guanyin Bodhisattva, and on both sides of the Guanyin, there are good-margin boy and dragon girl. What is amazing is that the upstairs enshrined is the Taoist god “Doum”. When asked about the local talents, it was earlier called “Doum Court”. It was a Taoist temple that was worshipped by Doum, and was later robbed by the Buddhas. When it became a Buddhist temple, people moved the image of the Doom to this and offered it together.
During the Anti-Japanese War, the Qingyan City Wall was in good condition, and the four gates remained the same, remote and safe, and accepted many “asylum seekers”. The Eighth Route Army Guiyang Traffic Station established Anxuan Point in Qingyan and evacuated many of the revolutionary cadres’ families. Zhou Enlai’s father, Deng Yingchao’s mother, Li Kenong and Bogu (Qin Bangxian)’s family members once lived in Qingyan. Li Kenong’s relatives once lived in: No. 10, North Street, Qingyan Town. From 1939 to 1941, relatives of the leaders of the Chinese Communist Party, such as Li Kenong, once lived here. They are still residential. Deng Yingchao’s mother once lived in: No. 75 South Street, the mother of Deng Yingchao Ms. Yang Zhende once lived here from 1939 to 1941. She is still a resident and operates fast food. The father of Premier Zhou Enlai once lived in: No. 2, Qingyanbei Street. From 1939 to 1941, Zhou Enlai’s father, Zhou Yichen, lived here and has been opened to the public.
Zhang Gongguan was originally the residence of Chiang Kai-shek’s attendant Zhang Shangqin and his brother Zhang Shangquan. It was built during the Republic of China and is a typical residence of Qingyan. The building plots are well-defined, high and low, and the restored Zhanggongguan will present the original mansion culture and become the window and base for Guizhou’s non-legacy culture, folk culture performances and non-legacy cultural products, and handicrafts.
Qingyan Town is a provincial-level cultural relics protection unit, a historical and cultural town, and a national-level civilized market. It has historical and cultural, architectural culture, religious culture, farming culture, food culture, revolutionary traditional cultural heritage, and multi-ethnic settlement.
Every year, the dragon dance, the flower jumping lamp, the Miao nationality jumping from the beginning of the first month of the first month of the first month, the dragon and the light activity on the 15th day of the first lunar month, and the “Hundred Diseases” of the fifth day of the fifth lunar month, the lunar calendar February 19 and The Guanyin meeting of the 19th month and so on, the scenes are very lively.
It is difficult to have a landscape of “four religions in one” such as Qingyan in the ancient towns of China. In Qingyan, the incense of Buddhist and Taoist temples is also very strong. Although Buddhist temples cannot be said to be grand in scale, they are rigorously arranged, and there are many masterpieces with exquisite craftsmanship. For example, the stone carvings of Ciyun Temple and the wood carving art of Shoufo Temple are the only boutiques in Guiyang. Not far from the temple door is the Christian church. The church members listen to the white-haired old gentleman explaining the Bible. There is also the Taoist temple, and the Taoist prayers are heard in the smoky smoke.
The first “agent office” in Chinese history was opened in Qingyan Ancient Town. In the 14th year of Emperor Guangxu (1888), Qingyan Su Su opened the “agent office”. According to historical research, it is the first private “agent office” that was first established in Chinese history, 8 years before China’s earliest official postal service. Until the “agent office” was changed to the official post office in 1939, the “agent post office” has been undertaken by the Qingyan Wang family, and the business has never been interrupted, thus driving the development of the ancient town commercial trade and becoming a hub for transferring important information from north to south. Into the history of the development of China Post. The “Post Office Post” precious plaque has been collected by the Beijing China Post Museum.
The routes to the ancient town are:
The bus terminal of No. 32 Yan’an West Road, Guiyang City, goes to Qingyan for about 50 minutes.
The flower orchard wetland park takes the bus from Guiyang to Qingyan (210 Express Bus) and the journey time is about one hour.
Guiyang Railway Station takes 203 Road to Qingyan.
At Jinyangke Station, take bus No. 220/223 to Jinzhu Town and transfer to 210.
Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport has Huaxi and Qingyan special lines, and the first class of Qingyan is 10:30 and the last class is 19:00.
On September 20, 2018, the Guizhou Provincial Development and Reform Commission issued the Notice on Reducing Ticket Prices for Some Key State-Owned Scenic Spots. Since October 1, 2018, the price of the Qingyan Ancient Town Scenic Spot has dropped from 80 yuan/person to 60 yuan/person.