Geographic location:Huzhou City, Zhejiang Province
Famous scenery:Xiaolianzhuang, Jiayetang Library, former residence of Zhang Shiming
Opening hours:8:30 am – 17:00 pm
Nanxun Ancient Town is located in Nanxun District of Huzhou City, at the junction of Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. In the Ming and Qing Dynasties, it was a famous silk town in the south of the Yangtze River. It is an ancient town in the south of the Yangtze River with abundant human resources and a combination of Chinese and Western architecture.
The scenic area of Nanxun Ancient Town covers an area of 34.27 square kilometers. The protection area of the ancient town starts from the east side of the Yiyuan Site to the east side of the Yiyuan Site. From the west to the Yong’an Street, the southern boundary starts from the Jiayetang Library and Xiaolianzhuang, and the north boundary to the Baijian Building. The protected area is about 168 hectares, of which the key protected area is 88 hectares. The tourist attractions are divided into three major blocks. The first piece is the Nanzhao tourist attraction enrichment area, where Zhang Shiming’s former residence and Liu’s Ladder are distributed. The second block is a central scenic spot consisting of Xiaolianzhuang, Jiayetang and Wenyuan. The third block is the former residence of Zhang Jingjiang and the northeast block, which are mainly east of Dongda Street.
The ancient town of Nanxun is known as the “state of culture” and the “hometown of poetry and books”. Many famous people have appeared, such as Zhang Jingjiang, a singer of the Republic of China, a stone inscription by the founder of “Xiyin Yinshe”, famous poet and essayist Xu Chi Wait.
In June 2001, the Nanzhao Zhang’s old house complex was awarded the fifth batch of national key cultural relics protection units. In 2005, Nanxun Ancient Town was awarded the second batch of honorary titles of China’s historical and cultural towns and national 5A-level tourist attractions, and became the first national 5A-level tourist scenic spot in Huzhou.
The ancient cultural sites such as Hongcheng, Huacheng and Shangshi discovered in Nanxun prove that as early as the Neolithic Age, the primitive social clan tribes flourished here.
According to legend, Xia Yu is governed by water, and the world is under the jurisdiction of Jiuzhou.
During the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period, it belonged to Wu, Yue and Chu. In 333 BC, Chu was the seal of Chun Shenjun, and was founded in Yucheng County. The Nanxun jurisdiction is under the jurisdiction of Yucheng County.
The Western Jin Dynasty Taikang three years (AD 282), divided into Wuxiang County Dongxiang to Dongqian County, the county is in the old building.
In the four years of the Song and Yuan Dynasties in the Southern Dynasties, Dongqian County was renamed Dong’an County, and the next year was renamed Dongqian County. In the 9th year of Emperor Kaihuang, Dongqian County was merged into Wucheng County.
Song Taiping reigned the country for seven years, and was divided into the county of the southeast of Wucheng County.
In the first year of the Republic of China (1912), Wucheng and Gui’an merged into Wuxing County, and the present Nanxun jurisdiction is under Wuxing County.
On May 2, 1949, Nanzhao was liberated, and the present Nanxun jurisdiction was under Wuxing County.
In September 1993, there were three district working committees in the urban area, Nanxun District and Linghu District. Nanxun Town belongs to Nanxun District.
On June 30, 2011, Huzhou Nanxun Ancient Town Management Committee was formally established as a district government dispatching agency, leading the company to carry out protection, utilization, planning, construction and management of Guzhen District. Nanxun Ancient Town Scenic Spot officially passed the national AAAAA level tourist scenic spot in July 2015.
Ancient town layout
Nanxun Ancient Town Scenic Area covers an area of 34.27 square kilometers, from the east side to the east side of Yiyuan Site, west
From the boundary to Wing On Street, the Southern District starts from the Kwun Tong Building and the Xiao Lian Zhuang, and the Northbound to the Bai Building. The cross river formed by the Nanhe River, Dongshi River, Xishi River and Baoshan River in the ancient town is a skeleton. In the meantime, there are many rivers criss-crossing. Streets and houses are distributed along the river, and they follow the river to Nandong Street and Nancy. The street is connected in series, which constitutes a cross-shaped pattern, the texture of the street is complete, and the river system is basically preserved. The commercial streets are formed on both sides of the Cross River. There are not only the Shushui Zhuyu, the Jiangnan water towns along the Hecheng Street, but also many high-quality private houses and Jiangnan gardens, forming a block that harmonizes the bridges and the mansion gardens. Features.
Xiaolianzhuang is located in the west of Wangu Bridge in the southwest of Nanxun Town. It is a private garden built by Liu Wei, the richest man of the “four elephants” in the late Qing Dynasty. It was built in the 11th year of Qing Guangxu (1885) and covers an area of 27 acres. At the end of the Yuan Dynasty, Huzhou’s great book painter Zhao Mengfu built the name of the Lotus Village, so it was called Xiaolianzhuang. Xiaolianzhuang is adjacent to Jiaye Library, and outside the park is Tunxi.
Jiayetang Library Building
Jiayetang Library is located on the bank of Tunxi, Nanxun Town, and is adjacent to the private garden Xiaolianzhuang of Liujia in the east. Jiayetang Library is a garden-style layout of Chinese and Western styles, and a porch-style cloister-style hall building. All wooden windows are hollowed out with the words “Jiayetang Library”, and there are large gardens, ponds and rockeries outside the building. After 1949, the Jiayetang Library Building has become part of the Zhejiang Library.
Zhang Shiming’s old house
Zhang Shiming’s old house, also known as Yu Detang. Before the ancient Quxi River, sitting west to the east, covers an area of 6,500 square meters, construction area of 7,000 square meters, there are five buildings and four types of Chinese and Western style buildings. It is a classic building of a combination of Chinese and Western architecture.
The Liu’s Ladder is a western-style building facing the west. It is called the “red house”, the owner Liu An, the number of the ladder, and the main hall is called Chongde Hall, so it is also called the Liu’s ladder.
Hundreds of buildings
Baijian Building is located on the banks of the East Baijialou River in Nanxun Ancient Town. Baijianlou Hedong starts from the east suspension bridge and north to the gate pile bridge. The Baijian Building was built along the river and was about 400 meters long. It was built in the Ming Dynasty Wanli (1573-1620) and was written by the Nanzhao Dong. The 100-storey building is known as the “100-story building” because of the construction of a hundred buildings on both sides of the river and the long-slab bridge connecting the two banks.
Former residence of Zhang Jingjiang
The former residence of Zhang Jingjiang is located in the East Street of Nanxun Town, also known as Zunde Hall. The former residence maintains the traditional three-in-five-style ancient architectural style of the Qing Dynasty. It has one room and five rooms, each with its own opening, each time it is delivered. One level higher. Each type has a direct fire lane for fire protection. In the Second Hall and the Three Halls, various photos, books, appointments, etc. of Zhang Jingjiang’s life stories are displayed, including many celebrity relics.
Forgiveness is the villa built by Liu Chenggan, owner of Jiayetang Library in 1930. In 1920, Liu Chenggan built the Jiayetang Library Building. In order to meet the needs of the management of the library building, he expanded the courtship and asked him to return to the management of the small residence and the library building. The forgiveness is a typical Chinese-Western architecture. The whole structure consists of a concierge, a ramp, a western gate, a rolling door, a courtyard and an independent hall.
Nanxun Wenyuan is located in Nanxun Scenic Area, surrounded by rivers, with lakes in the middle, a street near Jiangnan Water Village in the north, and close to places such as Xiaolianzhuang and Jiayetang Library. The entire building of Nanxun Wenyuan is divided into two parts, the north and the south, connected by a flyover. The south garden is mainly a garden in the south of the Yangtze River. There are children’s paradise, a large stump bonsai garden, and a celebrity poetry gallery. The north garden is centered on the lake heart Wenchang Pavilion. There are celebrity poetry gallery, Red Army Long March Memorial Hall, Wushougu Art Museum, Xu Chi Memorial Hall, Ming Dynasty Shishi and other attractions.
Ji Lihu Silk Museum
The Nanxun Collection Lihu Silk Pavilion is a combination of Chinese and Western architecture, covering an area of 950 square meters. Historically, it was the Nanxun Chamber of Commerce, which was founded in 1926 by the chairman of the Nanxun Chamber of Commerce. It was the seat of the Nanxun Town Government after liberation. In October 1998, the town government moved to serve as the Nanxun History Museum. In the first half of 2010, it was rebuilt as the Nanli Ji Li Lake Silk Pavilion. The pavilion is divided into five exhibition halls. It is a comprehensive exhibition hall integrating historical records, humanistic experience, popular science education, product exhibition and other functions.
Guanghui Palace was built in the Zhiping Period of the Northern Song Dynasty and is a long-established Taoist blessed land. It is said that Zhang Shicheng, the leader of the peasant uprising army at the end of the Yuan Dynasty, once occupied Guanghui Palace as a palace, hence the name Zhangwang Temple. The combination of Buddhism and Taoism serves both Wong Tai Sin and Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
Nanxun has been an important economic and cultural town of Huzhou since ancient times. It has been famous for its high-quality raw silk since the Song Dynasty. It became a typical Jiangnan silk town in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The production of Lisi became the designated raw material for royal weaving. In modern times, with the opening of Shanghai as an opportunity, Nanxun was influenced by European and American cultures earlier, and silk merchants rose rapidly. A number of important historical figures such as Liu Wei, Gu Ganlin, Pang Yuanji, Zhang Jingjiang and Jincheng emerged. Nanxun Ancient Town has five national key cultural relics protection units, including Jiayetang Library and Xiaolianzhuang, Nanxun Zhang’s Old House Complex, Zunde Hall, Grand Canal (Southern Section of Jiangnan Canal, Nanxun Silk Industry Hall and Silk Merchant Building). 11 city-level cultural relics protection units, Xingfu Bridge, Tongli Bridge, etc., Pangshi Old House, Nanxun Grain Station Total Granary, Tongjin Bridge, Hongji Bridge, Yingyuan, Shuyuan Express, Dongshi Shidetang, Shoujuntang, etc. There are 3 municipal-level cultural preservation points such as Xinmin Bridge, 21 historical buildings including livelihoods, Liu’s Jingdetang site and Zhou Qingyun’s old house. The traditional houses in the ancient town are elegant and chic, and the mansion gardens in the traditional Chinese architectural form boldly and subtly infiltrate and integrate the Western architectural styles, forming a unique combination of Chinese and Western architecture.
On June 30, 2011, the Management Committee of Nanxun Ancient Town of Huzhou was formally established as a regional government agency to carry out protection, utilization, planning, construction and management of the ancient town area. From the perspective of protection and utilization, it comprehensively systematically sorted out the real estate, ancient buildings and residents of Guzhen, and formed a more detailed database including a booklet, a set of drawings and a software, which laid a solid foundation for the protection and utilization of ancient towns. Foundation. Nanxun Ancient Town has invested nearly 650 million yuan to promote the renovation of ancient buildings in accordance with the principle of “repairing old and renovating as it is”. In June 2014, Xiaolianzhuang Xindetang restoration project was officially put into construction. In 2015, the second phase of Jinzhai, Xiaolianzhuang Phase II and Zhang Jingjiang will be rehabilitated to revitalize these ancient buildings. In order to coordinate the facilities in the scenic spot with the original appearance of the ancient town, Nanxun Ancient Town also carried out the renovation of the exterior of 600 houses, reconstructed and upgraded important nodes such as Guanghui Palace and Baijian Building, and reconstructed and repaired many bridges such as Tai’an Bridge and Sanqing Bridge. Complete the laying of more than 10,000 square meters of stone road. Through the book cataloging, Nanxun Ancient Town has established a professional, systematic liaison meeting, research meeting and other methods to inherit and promote the ancient town culture as a long-term systematic project.
100 yuan / person (valid on the day of the ticket)