Geographic location:Huancui District, Weihai City, Shandong Province
Famous scenery:Sea fairy mountain
Suitable for the play season:Suitable for all seasons
Liugongdao Scenic Area is located in Weihai Bay, the easternmost part of Shandong Peninsula. It is 2.1 nautical miles from Weihai City, 4.08 kilometers long from east to west, 1.5 kilometers wide at north and south, with an area of 3.15 square kilometers. The highest point is that the flag mountain is 153.5 meters above sea level. In 2010, Liugongdao Scenic Area was rated as the national AAAAA level scenic spot. The terrain of Liugong Island is high in the north and low in the south. The north is steep and steep, and the south is gentle and stretched. Because of the terrain and the defense of the sea, it is known as the “Dongying Pingyu” and the “unsinkable battleship”.
In 2015, it was rated as a national standardization demonstration unit for service industry. It received 1.432 million tourists throughout the year, an increase of 10.2% over 2014.
Liugong Island has had many names in history. Han Shi called “Liu Shi’s industry”, the Yuan Dynasty called Liudao, Liujiadao, and the middle and late Ming Dynasty was called Liudao Mountain. In the sixth year of Ming Longqing, the name Liu Gongdao officially appeared in the official chapters and emperors’ orders, and has a history of more than 400 years.
In the early Ming Dynasty, in order to avoid intrusion, Wei Guogong Xu Huizu moved the island residents to the suburbs of Lucheng. During the Jiajing period, Wang Xianwu led the peasant army to occupy Liugong Island, planted the land, and the Weizhen court, and was later withdrawn by the official army. At the end of Wanli, Dengzhou prefecture Tao Lang first recruited people to live in the island, and taxed grain in Putian. And set up a pier at the peak of the island, sending troops to guard. During this period, China developed sea transportation, Liugong Island became a transit station, and the number of vessels anchored to Liugong Island increased, which led to an increase in the number of residents on the island. In the 31st year of Ming Hongwu (1398), Weihaiwei was established, and the soldiers were stationed. Since then, Liugong Island and Weihai Weigang have become the sea defense sites.
In the 14th year of the Guangxu reign of Qing Dynasty (1888), on December 17, the Beiyang Navy officially became a military. Liugong Island has become an important base. The island has successively set up an engineering bureau, a machine factory, a Yancoal, and built a large number of military facilities such as the Beiyang Naval Admiral, the Weihai Naval School, the naval bureaucracy, the barracks, the iron terminal, and the fort. In the Sino-Japanese War, the Beiyang Navy was completely annihilated. In addition to cutting land, indemnifying money, and opening trade ports, the Qing government also allowed Japanese troops to station in Weihaiwei. Liugong Island was occupied by the Japanese army for three years.
In the twenty-fourth year of Guangxu Emperor Guangxu (1898), the British government rented Weihaiwei in July, and Liugong Island became the summer resort for the Royal Navy’s Far East Fleet.
In the twenty-sixth year of the Republic of China (1937), the Japanese invasion of China began. In the 27th year of the Republic of China (1938), the Japanese army occupied Liugong Island for the second time. Pseudo navy.
On November 1, the 19th year of the Republic of China (1940), the British army withdrew from Liugong Island, and the United Kingdom rented Liugong Island for 42 years.
After the liberation of Weihai in the 34th year of the Republic of China (1945), the Chinese People’s Liberation Army stationed in Liugong Island.
On October 6, the Republic of China (1947), the Kuomintang army invaded Weihai and occupied Liugong Island. On the 18th of the Republic of China (1948), it fled Qingdao on December 18, and the People’s Liberation Army stationed again.
In December 1977, the Beiyang Navy Admiralty was listed as a provincial key cultural relics protection unit in Shandong Province.
In 1978, the Admiralty was refurbished.
On April 1, 1985, Liugong Island was officially opened to the public.
Liugongdao Scenic Area is located in the Weifang Bay, the easternmost part of the Shandong Peninsula. It is located at 37°30′19.79′′ north latitude and 122°11′16.81′′ east longitude. It is 2.1 nautical miles from Weihai City, 4.08 kilometers long from east to west, 1.5 kilometers wide at north and south, and covers an area of 3.15 square kilometers.
The Liugong Island Scenic Area is subject to ocean regulation. The island’s climate is warm in winter and cool in summer. The annual average temperature is around 12 degrees Celsius.
The scenic spot of Liugong Island is high in the north and low in the south. The cliffs in the north are steep and steep, such as a knife-cutting axe, and the south is sheltered from the wind and the sun is gentle. The highest point is that the flag-top mountain is 153.5 meters above sea level.
Liugong Island Scenic Area has dense vegetation, with a forest coverage rate of 87%. There are more than 100 kinds of plants and more than 20 kinds of animals. Among them, Ginkgo biloba, Metasequoia and Liriodendron are national key protected wild plants, and sika deer is a national first-class protected animal. There are more than 300 wild sika deer.
The main scenic spots of Liugong Island Scenic Spot are: China’s Sino-Japanese War Museum, a memorial museum with the Beiyang Navy and the history of the Sino-Japanese War, and a special management protection for the national key cultural relics protection unit “Liugong Island Sino-Japanese War Memorial Site”. The agency is responsible for the management and protection of 28 North and South Navy and Sino-Japanese War sites on the north and south sides of Weihai Bay and Liugong Island.
China’s Sino-Japanese War Museum
The Sino-Japanese War Museum is a museum of ruins. It is based on the Qing Dynasty Navy Admiralty Department and the Naval Academy. It truly reproduces the historical features of the Beiyang Navy and the Sino-Japanese War. It has been published as the National Youth Education Base. “, “patriotic education base” and “patriotic education demonstration base”.
Liugong Island Expo Park
Liugongdao Expo Park is a comprehensive tourism park integrating Liuzhou Island’s long history and rich culture, integrating high-tech and exquisite art. It comprehensively and vividly reproduces Liugong Meide, Jiawu Fengyun and Yingxiu. The three major themes of history are called “interpretation of the encyclopedia of Liugong Island.”
Liugong Island Whale House
The Liugongdao Whale Pavilion is a marine science exhibition hall featuring physical specimens. Specimens of the epidermis, bones and vital organs of the world’s largest sperm whale (about 19.6 meters long and weighing 50.1 tons) are stored in the museum.
Liugongdao National Forest Park
Liugongdao National Forest Park is the first marine forest park in the country named by the Ministry of Forestry. There are about 19 subjects in the tree species, more than 80 species, more than 50 species of wild flowers and more than 50 species of birds.
Diaoyu Islands Sovereignty Hall
The Diaoyu Islands Sovereignty Pavilion is jointly sponsored by the State Oceanic Administration and the Liugongdao Administrative Committee. It is the first professional venue in the country to display the history and sovereignty of Diaoyu Islands. Through real historical pictures, precious historical materials and detailed texts, the museum elaborates on the vicissitudes of the Diaoyu Islands, China’s inherent territory, from the perspectives of sovereignty, declaration of sovereignty and safeguarding sovereignty.
Su Baohong Collection Exhibition Hall
The Su Baohong Collection Exhibition Hall is located in Yingliyangxing, the western side of the Beiyang Navy Admiralty Office in Liugong Island. The exhibition area is more than 500 square meters. As a long-term special exhibition, more than 130 pieces of porcelain, jade and enamel are exhibited. Etc., all of the Chinese nationals, Mr. Su Baohong, who have been collecting national treasures for many years, cover the collection of national treasures such as Yuan, Ming, Qing Qing Hua Porcelain, Yongzheng Dou Porcelain, Shoushan Stone Carving, Yu Cai, Tian Huang Di.
Chinese Lettering Art Museum
The Chinese Lettering Art Museum was officially opened on April 28, 2012. The name of the museum was inscribed by Mr. Wu Dongmin, Vice Chairman of the Chinese Calligraphers Association, and 253 pieces of lettering were collected.
Liugongdao National Marine Park
Liugongdao National Marine Park includes the uninhabited islands of Dagu Island, Xiaolong Island, Ridao Island, Qingdao, Huangdao, Lianlin Island, Lishi Island, Black Fish Island, Heishima and other surrounding areas around Liugong Island. The area is 1187.79 hectares.
China Golf Museum
Liugong Island is the origin of Chinese golf. China’s first island golf course is located in the eastern part of Liugong Island and is the first golf course in mainland China. It is also known as the “Holy Land of Chinese Golf Pilgrims” and “St. Andrews of China”.
China Jiawu War Museum Exhibition Hall
The Sino-Japanese War Museum Exhibition Hall is a comprehensive exhibition hall that comprehensively displays the history of the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895. Through precious historical pictures, scene restoration, 3D film and television, sound and optoelectronics and multimedia composites, the war scenes such as the Yellow Sea War and Weihaiwei Warfare were vividly displayed. The main building was designed by Professor Peng Yigang, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and was selected into the 20th century Chinese architecture classic.
The “Dingyuan” ship scenic spot is located on the west side of the Liugongdao Passenger Transport Center. The main landscape is the flagship “Dingyuan” of the Beiyang Navy in the late Qing Dynasty.
Beiyang Naval Admiral
Also known as the Navy of the Navy, built in the 17th year of Emperor Guangxu (1891), it is located in the Bohai Sea on the south slope of the western part of Liugong Island. It faces south and faces the sea. It covers an area of 17,000 square meters and is the first in modern China. The normalized naval command organization. In April 2010, the Beiyang Navy’s Admiral’s Office was rehabilitated. The 16 rooms of the Admiral’s Office were restored to their original functions, displaying 300 pieces of classical furniture, 18 historical statues, more than 200 pieces of various cultural relics, and porcelain. More than 1,500 pieces of auxiliary exhibits such as calligraphy and painting, couplets, and firearms showcase the historical features of the Beiyang Navy.
Beiyang Haiphong Fort
The main guns of the fort were designed by the German Hannagen, and the underpass was built with underground passages, military buildings, ammunition depots, etc., and connected to each other. The fort and supporting buildings use granite masonry and cement grouting. The design is reasonable, the craftsmanship is exquisite, the construction is rigorous, and it is solid and practical.
The Sino-Japanese War was a war of Japanese aggression against China and North Korea at the end of the 19th century. According to the Chinese Communist Party, the 1894, which broke out in the war, was the Jiawu Year, so it was called the Sino-Japanese War.
The Sino-Japanese War of 1894 began in 1894 (the 20th year of the reign of Emperor Guangxu of Qing Dynasty) on the outbreak of the Battle of Toshima in July 25th. It experienced the battles of the Yellow Sea Naval Battle and the Weihaiwei War. By the end of April 17, 1895, the Treaty of Shimonoseki was signed. . The war ended in China’s defeat and the Beiyang Navy’s entire army. Under the military pressure of Japanese militarism, the Qing government of China signed an unequal treaty that humiliated and humiliated the country – the Treaty of Shimonoseki.
The outcome of the Sino-Japanese War brought an unprecedented national crisis to the Chinese nation, which greatly deepened the degree of semi-colonialization of Chinese society; on the other hand, it made Japan’s national strength stronger and made it stronger.
The Beiyang Navy Admiralty on Liugong Island is one of the important monuments in Weihai. In the 12th year of the Guangxu reign of Qing Dynasty (1887), the imperial court established the Beiyang Navy, and set up the supervision department on the island. It was called the commander of the Beiyang Navy, and was the commanding organ of the Beiyang Navy. The Admiralty is located on the back of the mountain and faces the south. It is surrounded by a long raft and covers an area of 10,000 square meters. It is a brick and wood structure of ancient buildings. There are three courtyards along the central axis, divided into three sections: front, middle and back. The former is the council hall, the middle is the banquet hall, and the memorial hall is behind. There is a corridor connecting the east and west. The left and right corners of the front door are the gold, the music and the lookout, and the east and west sides are the Tuen Mun. The entire building is dotted with majestic scenery. 200 meters southwest of the Tudor’s Tuen Mun is the residence of the Navy’s Admiral Ding Yuchang. In the 20th year of the Guangxu reign of the Qing Dynasty (1894), the Beiyang Navy and the Japanese invaders fought in the Yellow Sea. Admiral Ding Yuchang and Captain Deng Shichang fought bravely and finally fought the country.
Sea fairy mountain
Liugong Island has fresh air, cool winter and cool summer, pleasant climate, small temperature difference between day and night, long frost-free period, and annual average temperature of about 12 °C. It is an ideal place for summer vacation, vacation and recuperation.
Liugong Island has rich and unique human landscapes, including the Warring States ruins dating back thousands of years, as well as a large number of cultural relics such as the Qing Dynasty Beiyang Navy’s Admiralty, the Naval Academy, the Ancient Fort, the Ding Yuchang Residence, and the Iron Pier. In the past few years, many European-style buildings left over from the colonial rule have been restored. In recent years, many new landscapes such as the Liugong Island Expo Park and the Jiawu Sea Battle Hall have been built.
The China Jiawu War Museum, which was built on the basis of the national key cultural relics protection unit–Liugong Island Sino-Japanese War Memorial Site, has won the National Youth Education Base, the National Primary and Secondary School Patriotism Education Base, and the National Patriotism Education Demonstration Base. Jiang Zemin The secretary personally wrote the name of the museum for the museum.
In 1988, it was announced by the State Council as a national key cultural relics protection unit.
In 1992, it was announced by the Ministry of Forestry as a “National Forest Park”.
On December 15, 2010, Liugongdao Scenic Spot was approved as a national 5A tourist attraction.
In 2010, Liugong Island was approved by the State Oceanic Administration as the first batch of national-level marine parks.
In 2016, Liugong Island was awarded the title of “Top Ten Beautiful Islands” in 2015.
On January 13, 1988, the Liugong Island Sino-Japanese War Memorial Site was announced by the State Council as the third batch of national key cultural relics protection units. In 1995, the Weihai Municipal People’s Government issued the “Notice of the Weihai Municipal People’s Government on Promulgating the Protection Scope of Key Cultural Relics Protection Units at or Above the Provincial Level of the City”, and announced the protection scope and construction control zone of the Liugong Island Sino-Japanese War Memorial. In October 2000, the 17th meeting of the Standing Committee of the Ninth People’s Congress of Shandong Province passed the “Regulations on the Protection and Management of the Memorial of the Sino-Japanese War in Liugong Island, Shandong Province”, and the Shandong Provincial People’s Government issued the “Liugong Island Sino-Japanese War Memorial in Shandong Province”. The main protection content of the land has determined the key protection scope of 28 cultural relics units in the Liugong Island Sino-Japanese War Memorial. In the work of cultural relics protection and maintenance, the company adhered to the principle of “protection first, rescue first” and adhered to the principle of “repairing the old as old and not changing the original appearance of cultural relics”. It has successively repaired and opened the Beiyang Navy’s Admiral’s Office, Ding’s residence, and the Navy. The cultural relics and other architectural attractions such as Xuetang and Huangdao Fortress have a total open area of more than 100,000 square meters. At the same time, using the historical buildings, a series of special exhibitions featuring the Beiyang Navy and the Sino-Japanese War, with a total exhibition area of more than 3,000 square meters. The Sino-Japanese War Museum has won the honorary title of National Excellent Social Education Base, National Youth Education Base, National Primary and Secondary School Patriotism Education Base, and National Patriotism Education Demonstration Base. Based on the principle of separation of cultural relics and Chen Zhan, the company invested 115 million yuan to build the Sino-Japanese War Museum Exhibition Hall, which was opened to the public in September 2008. At present, the scenic area is launching the original restoration project of the Beiyang Navy’s Admiralty Department, which will reproduce its historical features.
In terms of infrastructure, we have built main roads and connecting roads such as Ding Road, Deng Road, and Huandao Landscape Road. We have opened round-the-island tour buses, built mountaineering ropeways, and built auxiliary facilities such as tourist terminals, waiting halls, and parking lots.
It was completed and opened in 2008, with a building area of 7,622 square meters and an exhibition area of more than 4,500 square meters. It is a comprehensive exhibition hall that comprehensively displays the history of Sino-Japanese Sino-Japanese War. The pavilion is based on the “Historical Exhibition of the Sino-Japanese War” and is divided into four parts: “China and Japan before the Sino-Japanese War,” “Open the War Box of Japan,” “National Humiliation and Resistance,” and “The Alarm Bell Changming” in the tail hall. Through sound, light, electricity and other forms.
Liugong Island is the main battlefield of the Beiyang Navy and the Sino-Japanese War. The historical and cultural resources are rich and unique. The Sino-Japanese War Museum is the only memorial museum in China with the theme of the Beiyang Navy and the Sino-Japanese War. The China Modern Naval Oral History Research Center, established in cooperation with the cover news-Huaxi Dushi Bao, is the first modern naval oral history research institution jointly built by the public media and professional museums in China. The two sides will share the resources of Wenbo Media, visit the descendants of modern navy, visit historical sites, supplement the history of modern naval, promote the popularization and research of history and sea rights culture, and expand the influence of Liugong Island Beiyang Navy and the Sino-Japanese War. , has an important role and positive significance.
There is only one airport in Weihai City, about 43 kilometers away from Weihai City (Weihai City Government). Now it has opened cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenyang, Harbin, Changchun, Yanji, Chengdu, Xi’an and Jinan. Weihai is about 45 minutes from Seoul and is the nearest city to Korea.
Arrival of traffic: Weihai Airport Bus departs according to the flight flow, the whole journey is about 90 minutes, the fare is 20 yuan, the route is as follows:
In front of Haiyue Hotel, opposite to Shanda University – Harbin Institute of Technology Bus Station – News Building – White Swan – Weihaiwei Building Road South – Mall International – Civil Aviation Bureau (Orthopaedic Hospital) – Lotte Matt Road (Xi Youli Bank Bus Station) – Tiandong (a company South Bus) – Gongyou Bus Station – Weihai Airport
Airport transportation: Take the airport bus to Weihai city center;
From the airport, take a taxi to Weihai City, the price is about 90-100 yuan; to Wendeng City, about 19 kilometers, the price is about 40-50 yuan; to Rongcheng City about 25 kilometers, the price is about 50-60 yuan.
The geographical location of Weihai determines that Weihai Railway Station is the terminal station and the originating station, so the ticket source is relatively rich, but there will be a hard-to-find situation in the tourist season, so it is better to book in advance. Weihai has two main railway stations, one is the main station and the other is Weihai North Station. At present, ordinary trains from Jinan, Heze, Hankou and Beijing to Weihai will stop at Weihai Station. The rest of the high-speed rail, motor trains and a small number of K-head trains will basically stop at Weihai North Station.
Usually take the train (high-speed rail) from Beijing and Shanghai to Weihai, get off at Weihai North Station; it is more convenient to travel from Jinan, Jimo, Yantai, Rongcheng to Weihai, and there are many trains, basically getting off at Weihai North Station. From Weihai North Station, take the bus to the beach, the happiness gate is about 30 minutes – 1 hour.
It is also very convenient to take a bus to Weihai in Shandong Province. There are many bus trips to Jinan in Jinan, Qingdao and Yantai. If you are playing in Jiaodong Peninsula for several days, it is also a good choice to take a bus to Weihai.
The largest bus station in Weihai is the Weihai Long-distance Bus Terminal, and the Weihai North Bus Station (ie Weihai High-speed Railway Station) has been opened. There are two bus lines K3 and 52 connecting the bus terminal, the railway station and the north station. There are also one bus station in Wendeng City and Rushan City under the jurisdiction of the city, which can reach 103 cities.
Weihai’s shipping is very developed, and there are many passengers. The main ports are Weihai Port, Longyan Port and Shidao Port. Among them, Weihai Port is the most important, mainly shipping routes to all parts of the country. Longan and Shidao are sent to South Korea’s international routes.