Geographic location:Within the territory of Emeishan City, Leshan City, Sichuan Province
Famous scenery:Yuxian Temple; Bohai; Leidong Yanyun
Opening hours:Open all day
Leshan City Emei Mountain Scenic Area is located in Leshan City, Sichuan Province. The scenic area is 154 square kilometers, and the highest peak Wanfoding is 3099 meters above sea level. It has the characteristics of “male, beautiful, strange, dangerous and quiet”. It is famous for its beautiful natural scenery, long-standing Buddhist culture, rich flora and fauna resources and unique geological features. It is known as “Xiangshan Buddhism”. “Plant Kingdom”, “Animal Paradise”, “Geological Museum”.
Leshan City Emei Mountain Scenic Area was rated as a national key cultural relics protection unit, a national key scenic spot, and a national AAAAA level tourist attraction. Emei Mountain is one of the four famous Buddhist mountains in China. It is the most beautiful mountain in China and has been awarded the “Global Excellent Eco-tourism Scenic Spot” by the United Nations.
Leshan City Emei Mountain Scenic Area is located at E103°23′ east longitude and N29°34′ north latitude. It is located in Emeishan City, Leshan City, Sichuan Province. The scenic area is 623 square kilometers and its core area is 154 square kilometers.
On the top of Mount Emei is a large basalt erupted from the Paleozoic. The lower rock layer is protected to maintain its height. Because of the “cutting and cutting strong” in the mountain, the “gorge peaks” above 2000 meters are formed. The terrain along the mountaineering is coexisting due to the formation of the strata: in the limestone layer, there is a cave geomorphology such as the Jiujiong Cave; through the granite and metamorphic rock areas, the deep gorge is formed; and the solid basalt on the top of the mountain is A view of the lava platform.
The Emeishan arched arch that spans the Yangzitai pleats in Mount Emei and the Sichuan West Settlement in Taichung, Sichuan Province, is a fault block mountain. The landscape features can be divided into eroded landforms (Emei Mountain Area) and stacked landforms (Emei Fan-like alluvial plains) according to the way of modeling landforms; they can be divided into tectonic geomorphology, flowing water landforms, karst landforms and glacial landforms according to their genesis.
The geological structure of the scenic spot is complex, the rainfall is abundant, the river is vertical and horizontal, and the soil parent material is varied. The development of the soil in the area also has obvious characteristics of the vertical spectrum of the mountain. There are six main types of soil: yellow soil, purple soil, lime soil, yellow brown soil, dark brown soil and ash soil.
There are many clouds in the scenic area, less sunshine and abundant rainfall. The plain part belongs to the subtropical humid monsoon climate. The average temperature in January is about 6.9 degrees, and the average temperature in July is 26.1 degrees. The altitude is 1500 meters to 2100 meters. It is a warm temperate climate. The altitude is 2100 meters to 2500 meters. It is moderately temperate. The altitude is more than 2500 meters. Cold climate.
The scenic spots have different climatic characteristics depending on the altitude. Below the Qingyin Pavilion is a low mountainous area with lush vegetation and cool springs. There is no big difference between the temperature and the plain. The Qingyin Pavilion to the Washing Pool is in the middle mountain area, and the temperature is 4°C to 5°C lower than the mountain plain. The wash basin to the golden dome is a high mountain area, and the temperature is about 10 °C lower than that of the Shangxia Temple.
There are more than 3,200 kinds of wild animals in the Emei Mountain Scenic Area of Leshan City. Among the vertebrates, there are 7 orders, 23 families, 51 species and subspecies of the Mammalia. The avian family is the largest one, with 16 orders, 43 families, 256 species and subspecies, of which 27 are Chinese specialties, 17 are protected by the state, 7 are landform specimens; 2 are genus, 10 are There are 34 species and subspecies; the amphibious class has 2 orders, 7 families, 33 species and subspecies, and its richness and variety are rare in the country. Among the arthropods, the butterfly of the genus Lepidoptera is the most famous, with about 268 species. There are 29 species of key protected animals in the panoramic area, accounting for 12.08% of the total number of protected animals in the country, including 2 at the first level and 27 at the second level, accounting for 2.2% and 18% respectively. There are 157 species of rare and special products and Emerald Mountain.
Leshan City, Emei Mountain Scenic Area is rich in plant resources and has the reputation of “ancient plant kingdom”. There are nearly 5,000 species of plants in the panoramic area. Among them, there are 242 families of higher plants, more than 3,200 species, accounting for 1/10 of the total number of plant species in China. 107 species of endemic plants, accounting for 11.56% of China’s endemic plants, are among the first in the country. There are 31 species of plants that are protected, accounting for 10% of the total number of protected plants in the country. Among them, there are 8 species of Grade 1 protected plants in the country, namely, pupa and phoenix. Emei Mountain is also known as “Xianshan Medicine Garden”. It is rich in medicinal plants. According to the survey at the end of 1984, only medicinal plants have 212 families, 868 genera and 1,655 species, accounting for 33% of the total number of plants in the whole mountain. Rare medicinal organisms are a major advantage and feature in the ecological resources of Mount Emei. The forest coverage rate in the panoramic area is 87%.
Wanfoding is the highest scenic spot and natural ecological protection zone among the four famous Buddhist mountains in China. It is also the world’s highest natural and cultural heritage site in China. The top of the temple is 3099 meters above sea level. The original temple on the top is named Wenshu, also known as Qingliang, and the Lele Hall. It was built in the Zhengde period of the Ming Dynasty. It was rebuilt in the eleventh year of Qing Guangxu, and the collection of the scriptures and thousands of books. Wanfoding, Qianfoding, and Jinding are arranged in three peaks. Looking up from the bottom of the mountain, like a dagger, the saying of “the dagger” is derived from this.
The Golden Buddha is a bronze statue of a bronze statue of Buddha. It has a height of 48 meters and a total weight of 660 tons. It consists of a pedestal and a ten-party Puxian image. Among them, the pedestal is 6 meters high, 27 meters long and wide, and there are ten kinds of broad wishes of Puxian on all sides. The exterior is decorated with granite embossing. The ten-party Puxian is 42 meters high and weighs 350 tons. From the Buddhist scriptures, “Forty-eight willingness to all beings” means the forty-eight wishes of Amitabha to get rid of all sentient beings.
The Song Dynasty Mingxin store is located at the top of the mountain, with an altitude of 2,540 meters. In the early Ming Dynasty, it was rebuilt as a pick-up, or Chaoyang Pavilion. Zhou has the victory of the ancient eight scenes such as “dressing and staying in the moon”, “the fairy bed lying in the cloud”, “the stage of the dawn” and “the god of the sun”. The architectural layout of the temple is located in the east and west, the layout of the courtyard, and the triple temple. It consists of the front hall (Millet Hall), the nave (the Daxiong Hall), and the apse (the Amitabha Hall). The main body of the building is a full-frame cement brick antique structure, with a mountain-like roof, glazed tile roof, plain stone masonry base, and multi-level steps, sitting on a three-stage platform with a height difference of 25 meters.
One of the eight temples in Emei Mountain is located on the slope of the Emei Mountain at an altitude of 2070 meters. It is only a pavilion in the Ming Dynasty. It is called “Chuxi Pavilion” and was later converted into a pipa. In the 38th year of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty (AD 1699), it was converted into a temple by the Master of the Nine. In the early years of Emperor Qianlong (AD 1736), the monk was rehabilitated in front of the temple and drilled in front of the temple and the Luohanpo road in front of the temple. The small pool in front of the temple was converted into a six-party, and a stone statue was placed on the side of the pool to wash the elephant. According to legend, when the Buddha statue was passed, the white elephant once bathed in the pool, so it was renamed the Washing Pool, also known as the Tianhua Temple. There are Maitreya Hall, Daxiong Hall, Guanyin Temple and Tibetan Classical Building, and guest houses.
One of the eight temples of Emei Mountain, located under the Xianfeng Rock, formerly known as Ciyan Temple, at an altitude of 1725 meters, the door greets Huayan. The temple was first created in the 18th year of the Yuan Dynasty (AD 1281) and was initially a small group. At the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, the temple was built with a collection of Tibetan Buddhist scriptures dedicated to the Ming Dynasty. In the 40th year of the Wanli (AD 1612), the Zen Master was expanded into a large temple named “Xianfeng Zen Forest”. In the 16th year of Ming Chong’s frame (AD 1643), it was destroyed by fire. In the 44th year of Qing Emperor Qianlong (AD 1779), Tai’an and Yusheng monks rebuilt again, and the name “Xianfeng Temple” was used up to now.
Ninety-nine turns turn to the famous dangerous slope of Mount Emei, starting from Lingying Pavilion and ending at Shouxing Bridge. One turn and one turn, one slope and one slope, look at the slope to the head, and suddenly the peak circuit turns, it is a slope. Legend has it that when Puxian came to the Emei Mountain to build a dojo, when passing through this place, I saw that the mountain was steep, the slope was steep and slippery, and the people were in danger, and the three-thousand-thousands of the ancestors of the ancestors were instructed to perform at the same time. The three thousand stone grades are instantly formed. When the spirit ancestors were inspected, the number of stone steps was ninety-nine turns. This slope was named after it.
Wannian Temple is located in Mount Emei. The foothills of the Baoguo Temple are about 15 kilometers down the Lion Ridge. The temple was originally built in the Eastern Jin Dynasty, formerly known as Puxian Temple; Tang Yizong Hui Hui Zen master rebuilt, renamed Baishui Temple; Song Dynasty was renamed Baishui Puxian Temple. In the twenty-ninth year of Ming Wanli (AD 1601), Emperor Shenzong congratulated the Empress of the 70th birthday and gave it the name of Shengshou Wannian Temple. On the back side of the Liangliang Brick Temple, there is the famous “Daying Building”, which is dedicated to the Three Treasures of Wannian Temple, Buddha Tooth, Bayeux and Yuyin. Wannian Temple has Daxiong Hall, Dian Dian, Xingyue Building, Zhaitang, Maitreya Temple, Pilu Temple, and Prajna Hall.
Qingyin Pavilion, also known as Woyun Temple, is one of the eight major temples in Emei Mountain. It was built by Huitong Zen Master during the Tang Emperor Sect. It is a statue of the masters of Sakyamuni, Manjusri and Puxian. Built in the fourth year of Emperor Tangzong (877), in the early Ming Dynasty, the Guangji monk took the Jin people’s left-handed “Zhiyin poems”, “He Bisi and Zhu, the landscape has a clear voice”, and changed its name to Qingyin Pavilion. The pavilion was built on the mountain ridge between Heilongjiang and Bailongjiang, and the situation was steep. On the side of the pavilion, the forest was dense.
Pure Yang Temple
Formerly known as Luxianxing Cave, Chunyang Temple is located under the Chicheng Peak and was built during the Ming Dynasty. The existing temple was rebuilt in the Qing Dynasty during the Qianlong and Jiaqing years. There are two halls in the Pure Yang Temple. The first temple is the pharmacist’s hall. It is used by the pharmacist Buddha. The left and right are the sun and the moonlight bodhisattva. They are all bronze ornaments and gold ornaments for the Qing Dynasty. The second hall is the Daxiong Hall for Shakyamuni Buddha. There are eighteen Arhats on both sides, and there are two different sides for the Puxian, Dizang, Guanyin, Manjusri, and one Wei. In the grass behind the temple, there are still two stone monuments, and the text is clearly identifiable, reflecting the fact that Emei Mountain was originally a Buddhist and a Buddhist road, and then the Buddha’s Changlong, the history of the feathers.
During the Jiajing and Longqing years of the Ming Dynasty (circa 1522~1572), it was Guanyintang with an altitude of 733 meters. During the Wanli Period of the Ming Dynasty (about 1573 AD), the innocent Zen masters were in this. Legend has it that the innocent monk took the heart and retired the bear, and decided to go to the tiger. At the beginning of the Qing Dynasty, he was renamed as a liberation. In the 10th year of Guangxu (AD 1884), he was rebuilt and renamed Leiyin.
Located in the foothills of Mount Emei, at 551 meters above sea level, Baoguo Temple is the first temple in Mount Emei and the center of the Emeishan Buddhist Association and the center of Buddhist activities in Mount Emei. On the mountain gate, the “Baoguo Temple” is a sacred sect of the Emperor of the Qing Emperor Kangxi, a handwritten book of Yuxi, and the main hall is suspended with “the treasure of the solemnity”. On the two sides of the mountain gate, the pair of couplets “Phoenix is spreading toward the golden phoenix, and the bells are often heard of the jade steps.” Yokohama “Pu Zhao Chan Lin” and “Pu Lan Guang Ming”. There is a link in the door: “Individual thoughts, sit and talk.”
One of the eight major temples in Emeishan. It was built in the Tang Dynasty and was rebuilt in Shaoxing during the Southern Song Dynasty. During the reign of the Qing Dynasty, the monk was rebuilt and it was one of the largest temples in the whole mountain. Entering the temple gate is the Maitreya Temple. The temple is filled with statues of Maid, and the two statues of the four kings are molded on both sides. After the Maitreya Temple is the Vedic Temple, which has a Vedic image. There is a Huayan Tower Pavilion in the temple. It is a copper sturdy tower built in the Ming Dynasty. The tower is 5.8 meters high and has 14 floors. The tower has more than 4,700 small Buddha statues carved into the tower.
Big Buddha Temple
The Dafo Chan Temple is open to the east, and the ten halls are eleven patios, from east to west. Daguangminglou Pharmacist Hall sits south facing north, facing the south of Foguang South Road, and is the entrance to the Big Buddha Temple. The Ming and Qing style city buildings are the north entrance of the Buddhist temple. The Zen Garden covers an area of more than 400 acres and has a construction area of 56,000 square meters. It is the first gateway to the Emei Mountain and one of the largest ten-party jungles in Asia. The Buddhism Temple sits west to east, and the overall layout is divided into three functional areas: the north (proximity) is the Buddhist worship area, that is, the religious ceremony space, the middle is the Buddhist garden culture sharing area, and the south is the Buddhist college education area, namely the Sichuan Buddha. College.
Development and construction
At the beginning of the first century AD, Buddhist temples were created on Mount Emei. The Eastern Han Dynasty’s private house was a Buddhist temple, and the first two temples were built on the mountain. One named Puguang Temple was later expanded into Guangxiang Temple. It was renamed Yongming Huazang Temple in the Ming Dynasty. The other is called the First Hall. Still on Luofengling.
The construction project of Huangwan Reception Service Area of Emei Mountain Scenic Area is located in Huangwan Village, Huangwan Township, Emei Mountain Scenic Area. The total planned area of the project is about 43.75 hectares (656.25 mu). The construction content of the project is mainly for 10 plazas (including parking lots), street green spaces (water-bearing construction) and infrastructure construction (mainly including roads, water supply and drainage, street lamps, ecological greening and even surrounding building facade control).
Leshan City is built around the Leshan Giant Buddha, Emeishan World Natural and Cultural Heritage Scenic Spot, Wawushan and Zhougong Mountain to create three ring road tourism routes. Focusing on the characteristics of market demand, we will focus on the development of tourism products such as the World Natural and Cultural Heritage Sightseeing, Landscape Ecology Vacation, etc., and actively develop special tourism products such as self-driving tour, camping, hot springs, sports, low-altitude tourism, festival awards, and scientific research.
Martial arts culture
“Emei martial arts” originated from Emei Mountain, and Shaolin and Wudang are also known as the three major Chinese martial arts. According to historical records, “Emei martial arts” originated from Yin Shangcheng in the Southern Song Dynasty and has a long history. After the integration, infiltration and struggle of the religious culture and martial arts culture of Emei Mountain, Confucianism, Buddhism, etc., the two martial arts of Buddhism and Taoism were gathered. Zen work also includes Taoist Qigong. “Emei martial arts” advocates the use of kicks, close to the elbow method, close to the body with a fall, sticky hands to take, there are “foot like drunkard, hands like electricity, head like waves, like a Liu”.
According to legend, Buddhism was introduced to Mount Emei in the 1st century AD, and Buddhist temples were established here in the late Han Dynasty. They used Mount Emei as the dojo of the Samantabhadra Bodhisattva. They mainly worshiped the Puxian Daoshi, and believed that Emei was the place where the Samantabhadra appeared and the scriptures were spoken. According to legend, when the Eastern Han Dynasty, Taoist temples were already on the mountain. After Mount Emei was honored as the Puxian Bodhisattva Dojo, the whole mountain was changed from Buddha to Tao. During the Eastern Jin Dynasty, Gao Yihui and Mingguo Zen Master successively went to live in the Emei Mountain. During the Tang and Song Dynasties, the two religions coexisted, and the temple view was greatly developed. In the Ming Dynasty, Taoism declined, and Buddhism flourished. The monks once reached more than 1,700 people, and there were nearly 100 large and small temples in the whole mountain. There were more than 150 Buddhist temples in the late Qing Dynasty. The development of Buddhism in the past two thousand years has left a rich Buddhist cultural heritage to Mount Emei, making Emei Mountain gradually become a Buddhist holy place with far-reaching influence in China and the world.
The history of Mount Emei has a long history. When Buddhism was introduced in the Wei and Jin Dynasties, it changed into a temple and became the Buddhist Puppet Dojo.
The two emperors of the Sui Dynasty, namely Emperor Wendi and Sui Emperor, were very concerned about Buddhism, abolishing the North Zhou’s policy of prohibiting Buddha and promoting the development of Emeishan Buddhism.
After the Tang and Song Dynasties, Buddhism flourished, temples increased, and the scale gradually expanded.
During the heyday of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, there were more than 170 large and small temples in the whole mountain. There were temples and gangs in Fengfeng.
In the Qing Dynasty, Japanese friends Song Tao and North Korean Baoguang monks came to Emeishan to paint. In the 14th year of Qing Jiaqing (1809), the southwestern county was set up to set up the border hall in the west. With the development of society and the promotion of “Bible of Humanity”, Mount Emei has further promoted the fine tradition of equal emphasis on farming and meditation, Buddhist studies, cultural exchanges and friendly exchanges. Through mutual exchanges with domestic and overseas countries and countries around the world, the temple has mutual understanding, expanded its external influence, and promoted the history and culture of Mount Emei.
At the beginning of the liberation, there were only 43 temples in the whole mountain. After the issuance of Document No. 19 in Zhongfa in 1982, the religious policy was implemented conscientiously and the temple was gradually restored and developed. Among them, there are five temples approved by the State Council as the national key temples, namely Baoguo Temple, Wannian Temple, Huazang Temple, Xixiangchi and Hongyuping Temple. There are 12 Fuhu Temples listed as Leshan City-level cultural relics protection units.
After the Third Plenary Session of the Eleventh Central Committee of the Party, with the continuous implementation of the party’s religious policies, the whole mountain and the majority of religious believers enjoy the right to freedom of religious belief. The legitimate rights and interests of monks and nuns are protected by law, and the Emeishan Buddhists lived. Normal religious life.
Emei Mountain Scenic Area is close to the three major airports of Chengdu, Chongqing and Mianyang. There are many domestic and international flights every day. Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport is about 120 kilometers away from Emei Mountain. You can get off the train to take the Chengmian Intercity High Speed Rail and go directly from the Shuangliu Airport Station to Emeishan Station.
Emei Station is the main site on the Chengkun Railway. Visitors can take the K145, K113, K165 and other trains to get off at Emei Railway Station. Emei Railway Station is located in the urban area of Emeishan City, about 10 kilometers from the Emei Mountain Scenic Area and about 15 minutes by car. The Chengdu-Kunming Railway Double Line and the Chenggao High-speed Railway are scheduled to be completed by 2020, and will also pass through Emei, making transportation more convenient.
The Chengmian Railway Passenger Dedicated Line will operate mainly between 7 am and 10 pm. During the running time, the maximum speed of the direct trains of the Mianle Intercity Passenger Dedicated Line is 250 km/h.
In the direction of Chengdu and Deyang (centered on Tianfu Square), proceed from Tianfu Square, via Renmin South Road to Pulp Wash Street, to Yongfeng Interchange on Chengya Expressway, Chengle Expressway to Leshan, and then via Lefu Expressway to Emei Mountain; From Renmin South Road to the Second Ring Road, to Yongfeng Interchange, Chengya Expressway, Chengle Expressway to Leshan, and the Lefu Expressway to Emei Mountain.
In the direction of Chongqing and Zhangzhou, the first is the Chengya Expressway to Chengdu, the Chengya Expressway, the Chengle Expressway to Leshan and Emei Mountain; the second is the Chengyu Expressway to Neijiang, Zigong, Rongxian, Leshan and Emeishan.
Emeishan City does not directly pass passenger liners, but it is only 30 kilometers away from Leshan City, which is connected to the passenger ferry. Leshan is located at the intersection of Minjiang River and Dadu River, and has passenger liners to Yibin, Zhangzhou and Chongqing. It can take passengers to Leshan City and then transfer. To Emeishan City.