Geographic location:Pingliang City, Gansu Province
Famous scenery:Cangsong Ridge, Houhouxia, Sun Palm
Ticket:110 yuan / person in the peak season, 55 yuan / person in the off-season
Kongdongshan Scenic Area is located 12 kilometers west of Pingliang City, Gansu Province. It is bordered by Xi’an in the east, Lanzhou in the west, Baoji in the south and Yinchuan in the north. The main peak is 2123 meters above sea level. It is the fortress in the west of the ancient Silk Road.
Since ancient times, the Kongdongshan Mountain Scenic Area has been known as “the first mountain in the west”, “the wonder of the west town”, “the world show in the mountains”, “the Xiuxiujia in Guansai” and “the source of the road”. At the 2018 China Northwest Tourism Marketing Conference and Tourism Equipment Exhibition, it was shortlisted for the “Magic Northwest 100 Scenes” list.
It is located 12 kilometers west of Pingliang City, Gansu Province. It is connected to Liupan Mountain in the west, 800 kilometers to Qinchuan in the east, Guanshan in the south, Xiaoguan in the north, and the north and south of the Weihe River and the Luan River. It meets in front of the mountain. It is the fortress in the west of the ancient Silk Road.
The Kongdongshan Scenic Area belongs to the Danxia landform. Lushan is a branch of Liupan Mountain. It is affected by external weathering such as differential weathering, water erosion and collapse. It forms a lonely mountain peak, a cluster of peaks, a development of Fangshan caves, a rocky mountain, a steep mountain, and a magnificent and unique atmosphere. Danxia landform landscape. The Kongdongshan topography is an early type in the Danxia landform type in China, and it is a unique natural wonder on the large-scale loess plateau.
Located in Pingliang City, Kongdongshan Scenic Area is a temperate semi-humid climate with mild climate, four distinct seasons and abundant precipitation. The climate changes vertically, and the precipitation also decreases from southwest to northwest. In addition, due to the influence of high-altitude westerly circulation throughout the year, the wind and sand is relatively large. The main features are cold and dry in winter, windy sand in spring, hot summers, concentrated rainfall, and sunny and cool autumn weather.
The average annual temperature in Kongdongshan is 6.5 °C, and the sunshine is sufficient. The frost-free period of Kongdongshan is 160 days, the first frost day appears at the beginning of October each year, and the final frost ends at the end of April of the following year. The climate of Kongdongshan Mountain is characterized by less winter and less snow, and milder summer.
As of 2010, there are more than 1,000 species of plants known to Mount Lu. Among them, there are 30 species, 18 genera and 20 species of ferns, 6 families, 9 genera and 15 species of gymnosperms, and 703 species of 97 families and 397 genera of angiosperms. The ancient and famous trees have purple fruit spruce, oil pine, garden cypress, Wujiaofeng and Liaodong carp. Nearly 60 trees, such as big fruit and silk cotton. The trees of the two trees of Zhaohetang Peacock and Fenghuangling “Millennium Huagai” are all over the millennium.
As of 2010, there are more than 300 species of animals in Kongdongshan , including more than 70 species of wild and rare animals. They are listed as national wildlife protection lists with vultures, golden eagle, sparrow eagle, dragonfly, long ear, and white crane. , leopard, etc.
There are many large and small, deep or shallow stone caves in Kongdongshan . According to preliminary statistics, there are 32 caves in total. The name of Kongdongshan is very much related to the caves on the mountain, that is, the “empty caves” meaning. These caves have their own characteristics, each with its own name. Chaoyang Cave is one of the more famous caves.
Chaoyang Cave is located on the east side of the Lion Rock, facing a valley. The valley is covered with dense forests, and the valley is opposite to the west. This hole is not very large. The width of the hole is 8 meters, the height is 5 meters, and the depth is 5 meters. There is no access path here. Visitors rarely come here. Therefore, it is very quiet and quiet. It is said that the light of the sun rising in the morning is first shot into the cave, hence the name Chaoyang Cave.
The sound of Lei Shengfeng is a singularity. The thunder peak is not a flying peak. It is a branch of the main peak of Maji Mountain extending southward. It is like a right arm of the main peak. It stretches down and points to the front gorge of Taotao. River water. The ridge is 200 meters long and the highest point is only 5 meters. The whole mountain is made of tan-colored stone. The east and west sides of the mountain are inferior. The south side of the cliff has artificial stone grades that lead to Qipanling. As the thunder peak is from north to south, the mountain gradually becomes lower. Therefore, the Taoist palace building on the peak of the mountain is in a beautiful position, forming a beautiful picture. Leishengfeng rock wall is steep, and it is near the abyss. In the thunderstorm, the thunder is in the empty valley, and it is like a landslide. It is astonishing, so it is named “Leifeng Peak”.
One of the Wutai Temples in Kongdongshan Mountain, according to the inscription, was first built in the Tang Dynasty, and the temple was built in the ancient times. At the end of the Qing Dynasty, the soldiers fell behind. In the 4th year of the Republic of China (1915), it was funded by Zhu Jincai and others. After 18 years, it was restored to 3 o’clock in the north hall, 1 in the land, 1 in the mountain gate, and 16 in the wing. In the 25th year of the Republic of China, Zheng Yu presided over the creation of two layers of brick and wood structure in the east of the West Sansheng Building, 5 楹, and later by the monks Pushan, Puhua presided over the update of the mountain gate, the construction of the three stables, after 1958 was abandoned. In 1983, the singer Shi Changhui raised funds to rebuild 6 west wing rooms. In 1985, he repaired 3 faces of the South Hall. The artist Dai Guohua reshaped the golden statues of Buddha, Manjusri, Samantabhadra and 18 Luohan. In 1990, the Buddhist Association hosted the restoration of the three floors of the third floor of the East Sansheng Building. The first to second floors were boudoirs.
Tibetan Buddhist Scriptures
The Tibetan Buddhist Scriptures, also known as the Tibetan Buddhist Temple and the Tibetan Classical Pavilion, are on the east side of the original Zhencheng Temple. It was built in the 31st year of the Ming Dynasty (1603), and was converted from the royal family of Han Yu. It was specially reserved for the storage of the Three Emperors. During the 11th year of Qing Jiaqing (1811), 12 rooms were added to the east and west buildings. During the Xianfeng period, Jingning County’s Wan Wanbing Xiong’s assistants were refurbished. After the second year of Tongzhi (1863), the building was dumped and some books were scattered. In the twenty-fourth year of Guangxu (1898), Sangquan Wang originally ordered more than 400 gold to be repaired.
Also known as the Infinite Masters Hall, the main hall of the Imperial City. Built in the Northern Song Dynasty (963-967), the Yuan Dynasty changed the Buddhist temple to worship the Buddha. In the Jiajing period of the Ming Dynasty, Mrs. Han’s wife Guo’s donated money, and ordered the inner sergeant Ma Ying to pray that the hall was expanded to 5 ft. The building area was about 200 square meters, and the roof of the temple covered the iron tile. In the middle of the hall, there is a shrine that is 1.5 meters high and 6 meters long and wide, and the statue of the Emperor Wu of the golden body is like a statue. The copper-casting basalt is set in the middle of the Yongtai, and the left and right colored plastic sculptures of the Zhougong Peach Blossom Station are like one each. The plastic turtles and avatars standing below the left and right sides of the platform are like 1 statue. In the hall, there are four major spiritual officials standing in the hall. In the early years of the reign of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty, Wang Fuchen responded to the demise of Wu Sangui, and the temple was destroyed. In the fifteen years (1677), the Longmendong Taoist Qingyang came to the abbot to rebuild it. In 1982, it was listed as a county-level cultural relics protection unit.
In 1994, the construction of the front and rear mountain gates of the Kongdongshan Mountain, the hardening of the Qianshan Mountain, the Houshan Mountain, the Xiangshan Road, the Zhongtai Parking Lot, the Taohuaping Parking Lot, the construction of scenic spots and scenic spots, and the renovation and erection of water supply were completed. , power supply pipelines, purchase and installation of environmentally friendly toilets, the establishment of tourism consulting centers, medical emergency centers and medium-sized antique self-employed business rooms and other infrastructure, new scenic tourist safety protection facilities and Chinese and English contrast signs, Taoist two new teaching There are 35 scenic spots such as Falun Temple, Guanyintang, Tongtian Bridge, Feisheng Palace, Wangmu Palace and Wendao Palace.
After development and construction, the scenic spot has basically restored the original appearance of the 42 buildings of the 9th and 8th Houses of Jiugong, and increased the tourist capacity by 90,000 (times). The road traffic, water, communication, environmental sanitation and public service facilities in the scenic spot have passed. The reconstruction has laid a good foundation for the comprehensive development of tourism resources and the development of tourism in the city. The management of scenic spots and environmental protection have gradually become specialized, standardized and scientific. The average amount of tourists and economic income has increased by more than 16% annually. Increasingly, it has become a hot tourist attraction on the ancient Silk Road and a golden brand tourism scenic spot in Gansu Province.
In accordance with the strategy of creating “tourist brand products” and the development pattern of “big tourism, big market and big industry”, the scenic spot has seized the construction of “two districts” and “one network”. The “two districts” are centered on Kongdongshan , a national key scenic spot, and carry out “East, West, and South Expansion” to make Kongdongshan and Longyin Temple, Taitong Mountain, Shiwanou, Kite Lake, and The Houshan Houxia is connected into a piece to form the Kongdongshan Taoist Holy Land Tourist Area; the “One Net” is based on the Kongdongshan Mountain and the Wangmu Palace, the Yellow Emperor Mausoleum (Huangling County) in the northeast, and the Emperor Mausoleum in the southeast (Baoji City). ), southwest to Fuxi, Nuwa and other tourist attractions (Tianshui, Jingning), Xiangdongtong Xi’an Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Famen Temple, west to the “Silk Road” Hexi attractions, northwest Unicom Xixia Wangling, Shahu, Sumi Mountain It will form a large tourism network of Chinese ancient culture tour and Han and Tang culture tour.
January 10, 1994: National Key Scenic Spots (approved by the State Council);
January 1995: Gansu Province Patriotism Education Base (granted by the CPC Gansu Provincial Committee);
December 2000: Advanced Collective of Scenic Spots (granted by China Association of Scenic Spots);
April 2001: Gansu Province Patriotism Education Demonstration Base (granted by the Propaganda Department of the CPC Gansu Provincial Party Committee);
January 11, 2001: National AAAA-level tourist area (granted by the National Tourism Administration);
September 28, 2002: Passed ISO9001, ISO14001 quality, environmental management system international certification;
January 19, 2004: National Geopark (granted by the Ministry of Land and Resources);
July 23, 2005: Laoshan National Nature Reserve (approved by the State Council);
May 8, 2007: The first batch of 5A-level tourist attractions in the country (granted by the National Tourism Administration);
June 26, 2007: The first batch of “China Tourism Culture Demonstration Sites” (granted by the China National Culture Promotion Association Tourism Culture Research Center);
November 2007: Top Ten Forest Ecotourism Attractions in Gansu Province (granted by the Organizing Committee of the Second Forestry Fruit and Fruit Exhibition Fair of Gansu Province);
February 2008: China’s Tenth Avenue Cultural and Cultural Resort (sponsored by the China National Newspaper and awarded by Sina Travel Channel);
March 2009: China’s most beautiful top ten religious mountains (granted by Beauty China, China Tourism Review Forum, “Traveling World” magazine, Sohu Travel);
June 2011: The most popular tourist attraction in western China (granted by the Western China Tourism Industry Expo);
December 2011: National Service Standardized Tourism Scenic Spot (granted by the National Standardization Management Committee);
February 8, 2012: National Tourism Standardization Model Unit (granted by the National Tourism Administration).
Kongdongshan is the birthplace of the Three Emperors of the ancient times, and the birthplace of the Nuwa and Kuafu. The culture is profound and profound. Therefore, the Xuanyuan Yellow Emperor, who was respected by the Chinese nation as the ancestor of the humanities, went to the Kongdongshan border after his achievements in his career. He went to Mount Kongdongshan in person and asked the Guangchengzi who lived in Kongdongshan to teach the way of governing the country and the technique of keeping health.
Taoism originated in the Eastern Han Dynasty as a religion. However, its ideological and theoretical basis is the prevalence of Huang Laozhi since the Spring and Autumn Period. The Yellow Emperor and Laozi are the founders of Taoism. According to Taoist classics, Laozi’s predecessor was the Guangchengzi who practiced in the Shu, and Guangchengzi was the Yellow Emperor. The teacher is traced back to the source, so Kongdongshan is known as the “first mountain of Taoism in the world.”
Buddhism also has a long history in Mount Lu. In the Tang Dynasty, Buddhist activities on the mountain were already large. According to the inscription on the iron clock cast in the second year of the Jinan Daan (AD 1210), the steps of the Shangtian ladder from the middle of the mountain to the imperial city of Kongdongshan were excavated by the Emperor Renzhi in the Tang Dynasty, and the Tang Taizong was The record of the Minghui Temple in the hills. In the early years of the Qing Dynasty, there were 19 Buddhist monasteries in Kongdongshan .
Inter-provincial traffic information
The Baozhong railway line runs through Pingliang. From Pingliang, you can reach Lanzhou, Shanghai, Yinchuan, Chengdu, Urumqi and other places. The trains to Yinchuan are four times a day. Pingliang Railway Station has a bus No. 1 and a bus to the city.
Pingliang Highway has convenient transportation. The city has more than 600 kilometers of national and provincial roads. From Pingliang, you can reach Lanzhou, Tianshui, Urumqi, Jinchang, Beijing and other places.