Geographic location:5 km west of Jiayuguan City, Gansu Province
Suitable for the play season:Spring, summer and autumn are appropriate
Recommended length of play:1-2 hours
Jiayuguan, known as “the world’s first Xiongguan”, is located in the middle of the narrowest valley in the west of Jiayuguan City, Gansu Province. The walls on both sides of the city gate cross the desert Gobi, the north is connected to the Great Wall of Heishan, and the south is the first pier in the world. It is the westernmost gateway of the Ming Great Wall. It was once known as the Hexi throat in history. Because of the terrain, the building is majestic and has the name of a chain lock. Jiayuguan is the traffic fortress of the ancient “Silk Road”, one of the three great wonders of the Great Wall of China (the east has Shanhaiguan, Zhongyou Town Beitai, and the west has Jiayuguan).
Jiayuguan was built in the 5th year of Ming Hongwu (1372). It consists of Inner City, Outer City, Luocheng, Yucheng, Chenghuang and the Great Wall of the South and the North. The total length is about 60 kilometers. The Great Wall City, the Pier, and the Fort City are dotted with the three defense lines of the inner city, the outer city and the city. They form an overlapping and guarding trend, forming a five-mile, one-mile, one-mile, one-mile, one-mile defense. system.
Jiayuguan is a world cultural heritage, a national AAAAA-level tourist attraction, a national key cultural relics protection unit, and a national patriotic education demonstration base. The main attractions include Jiayuguan Guancheng, the Walled Great Wall, the Great Wall of the Great Wall, the Weijin Tombs, the Heishan Stone Carvings, the Mulan City, the “July 1” Glacier, and the Gliding Base.
Jiayuguan is located at the westernmost mouth of the Hexi Corridor in the west of Gansu Province (the Hexi Corridor continues to extend westward). The western part of Gansu is already a desert area. The Hexi Corridor is sandwiched between Qilian Mountain and Beishan Mountain (including Maqi Mountain, Heli Mountain and Longshou Mountain). It is about 1000 kilometers long from east to west. An ancient road runs through the Gobi and alluvial plains of the Qilian Mountains. The ancient “Silk Road” is this. The road is difficult and dangerous. At the mouth of the Jiayu Mountain, the narrow valleys pass through the mountains, and the dangerous slopes are forced. The situation is very dangerous. Dongtong Suzhou (now Jiuquan) and Xida Anxi are the links between Kyoto Changan and the Western Region.
Jiayuguan, located in the west-west junction of the Hexi Corridor (central west), was built in the Ming Dynasty Hongwu Five Years (1372). It was built nine years earlier than Shanhaiguan. It is the largest barrier on the existing Great Wall and the largest in China.
At the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, Song Guogong and Zheng Zheng’s general Feng Sheng were on the way to the division’s Kaixuan, where they were located in the middle of the Hexi Corridor, east to Jiuquan, west to Yumen, back to Montenegro, and south to Qilian’s throat. Building a customs. Turpan in the eastern part of the Ming Dynasty became stronger and stronger, often leading troops into the cities of the Hexi Corridor, and the Jiayu Mountain Pass was a must. Since the completion of Jiayuguan, this is the key to the defense of the western region and plays an important role in ensuring the security of the Hexi region.
In November of the eleventh year of Ming Zhengde (1516), the full speed of sweat entered the state of Suzhou, the guerrilla general Suining was killed, the whole army was sunk, and Jiayuguan fell.
Jiayuguan has been superimposed and guarded by the inner defense, the outer city and the city defense. The barriers are strict. It is connected with the Great Wall and forms a military defense system with five miles and one mile, ten miles and one pier, thirty miles and one fort, one hundred miles and one city. When Jiayuguan was first built, it was a 6-meter-high Tucheng, covering an area of 2,500 square meters. The existing Guancheng has a total area of 33,500 square meters and is composed of a combination of outer city, inner city and Yucheng. There are 14 towers, including the arrow tower, the enemy building, the turret, the attic and the gate, on the inner wall of Jiayuguan. There are guerrilla generals, Jingting and Wenchang Pavilion in the Guancheng, and the emperor temple, archway and theater building are built outside the east gate.
The inner city is wide and narrow in the east, slightly trapezoidal, and the city is 9 meters high. The east and west open the two doors of “Gwanghwamun” and “Soft Yuanmen”. There are 瓮城s outside the gates, the symmetry of the city buildings, three-story three-story and five-story styles, surrounded by corridors, single squatting peaks, 17 meters high. There are enemy buildings in the middle section of the city, and the middle section of the south and north walls. On the north side of the two doors, there is the top of the city.
The city of Guancheng is 733 meters long. There is an official well in the middle of Guancheng. The old pavilion is now abolished. The west door coat is built into a convex city wall to form a Luocheng. This is the outer city. The outer city is 2.7 meters higher than the inner city. The outer gate of the outer city is engraved with the three characters of “Jiayuguan”. The original city tower at the top of the door is the same as the second floor of the east and west, and the third floor is a line. In the thirteenth year of the Republic of China (1924), the tower was destroyed. In the west, Luocheng bricks, there are earthen walls in the east, south and north, connecting the Great Wall. There is a city outside the city, and the city is built and the city is maintained. There are Wenchang Pavilion, Guandi Temple and Opera House outside Dongpu City. There is a guerrilla gate in the north of the city. They are all buildings in the Qing Dynasty. After the founding of New China, Guancheng has repaired and strengthened many times and kept it intact.
Guancheng is dominated by the inner city, with a circumference of 640 meters, an area of 25,000 square meters, a height of 10.7 meters, built of loess, and a brick wall on the west side, which is majestic and sturdy. There are two doors in the inner city, the east is the “Guanghua Gate”, and the west is the “soft door”, which means to be far away from Huairou and settle down. There are three floors of hilltop buildings on the door. There is a city guard at each of the east and west gates. There is a Luocheng outside the west gate, which is connected to the north and south walls of the outer city. There is a “Jiayuguan” gate leading to Guanwai and Shangjian Jiayuguanlou.
Jiayuguan Guancheng is surrounded by mountains and rivers and guards the canyon zone about 15 kilometers wide from north to south. The valley in the south of the canyon constitutes a natural barrier for the defense. There are a total of 66 piers and piers in the east, west, south, north and northeast of Guancheng. Jiayuguan has a natural terrain, both offensive and defensive. It has formed a strict military defense system with the nearby Great Wall, Chengtai, Chenghuang and Sui, and is also known as “the world’s first Xiongguan”.
The Jiayuguan Stage was built in the 57th year of the Qing Emperor Qianlong (1792). The Jiayuguan guerrilla general’s bag was presided over and built. It was the entertainment place of the city’s officers and soldiers, the residents of the city and the past business travel. It is shaped like a typical Chinese traditional classical stage. The front and back are separated by a wooden screen, and eight figures are drawn in the center of the screen. It is the familiar content of the Eight Immortals. At the top is the traditional Chinese pattern “Gossip Map”, which is a comprehensive reflection of ancient Chinese thought culture and science. On both sides are a set of style murals, the monks of the temple, the nuns of the nunnery and their supporting pets. These paintings are very rare on other stage. There are couplets on both sides of the stage: “The joy of sorrow and joy, the loyalty of the sorrow and the loyalty of the sorrow”, summarizing the changes in the world of the world and the function of the place where the opera is performed.
The inner gate of the west gate, the door engraved with the word “soft far”, meaning that the Ming Dynasty administers the “Huairou” policy to the nomadic peoples of Bianyi (Guanwai), and appease the remote areas to realize the long-term stability of the country.
The inner gate of the inner city, the door is engraved with the word “Guanghuamen”, facing the east, indicating that the rising sun is rising, and the air is shining on the earth. The doorway is paved with stone strips mined from Montenegro.
It was built in the first year of Ming Zhengde (1506) and was presided over by Li Duancheng, the deputy constitution of Suzhou Armed Forces. The “Guanghua Building” is a three-story, three-story, hilltop structure with a height of 17 meters. Carved and colorful. The first floor of the pavilion is made of brick and wood. The second and third floors are made of wooden structures. Although they have experienced nearly five hundred years of natural disasters such as ups and downs and earthquakes, they still stand on the gates of Guancheng.
Wenchang Pavilion, built in the Ming Dynasty, was rebuilt in the second year of Qing Daoguang (1822). The pavilion is a two-story, two-story, hilltop-style building with two rooms on the ground floor, surrounded by red lacquered pillars, forming a cloister. Inside, there are three official rooms with a width of three and a depth of two. There are lattice doors and windows on all sides, and more than 80 paintings of landscape figures are drawn on the upper part. In the Ming and Qing Dynasties, this pavilion was a place for literati and friends to paint and read poems. It was the place where the civil servant office became the end of the Qing Dynasty.
Moved from the inner city to the present in the late Ming and early Qing dynasties. There is one original hall in the temple, two halls, and a knife room, a hall, a stable and a archway. The total area is 720 square meters. The Guandi Temple has been expanded several times, and the last re-construction was presided over by Jia Yuguan, a guerrilla general, Xiong Minqian. In 1998, the Jiadi Guanguan City Cultural Management Institute self-raised funds of 700,000 yuan to rehabilitate the Guandi Temple, and painted the archway, which restored the Guandi Temple to the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
More than 100 meters away from the gate of Kansai, there is a stone monument of “Tianxia Xiongguan” published in the Qing Dynasty. In the 14th year of Qing Jiaqing (1809), Li Tingchen, the general of the town of Suzhen, inspected the Jiayuguan defense, see here there is Qilian Snow Mountain in the south, and Montenegro in the north, and the majesty is in the majesty, then the words “Tianxia Xiongguan” are written and the stone is the monument.
Luocheng and Arrow House
Luocheng was built in the 8th year of Ming Hongzhi (1495) and was built by Li Duancheng of Suzhou State Armed Forces. “Luocheng” is the front of the enemy. The “convex” shaped wall is all made of brick and is very strong. “Arrow” is built on both ends of the “Luocheng”. It is a facility to watch the bonfires in Kansai, Guannan and Guanbei. The two ends are connected to the outer city wall, and the outer city wall is connected with the Great Wall of the north and south of Guancheng.
Corner building and enemy building
There are turrets in the four corners of the inner city, also called “the tower”, which is shaped like a bunker. It is the place where the defenders of the city guards are on duty. The north and south city walls are built with enemy buildings, which are places where weapons are placed. Standing here looking back, the three tall buildings of “Guanghua Building”, “Soft House” and “Jiayuguan Building” are on the same axis. This “through-hole city gate” and high-rise pavilion architectural form is a continuation of China’s thousands of years of architectural history and architectural forms.
East and West
The layout of Jiayuguan East and West City is very strict. The name of the emperor of the East Gate City Gate is engraved with the words “Chaozong”, which means that although the officials of the past courts traveled far and wide, they still did not forget the court and the king. In contrast to the “Xi’an City”, the door is engraved with the word “Meeting the pole”. It means the princes, officials, business travellers from the Western Regions, who met here in a friendly and friendly manner, passing through here and tribute to the Central Plains dynasty. Xiqiao City is also southward in Tuen Mun, and it is not directly connected to the inner city gate, making Guancheng more solemn and deep, and becoming a defense line for the inner city.
The Jiayuguan guerrilla general, also known as the guerrilla squad, was first built in the Ming Dynasty, and later became the place where the guerrilla generals of the Ming and Qing dynasties guarded the Jiayuguan to handle military affairs. The building was restored on the basis of the original building in 1987. It consists of two courtyards, three halls and four courtyards, covering an area of 1,755 square meters and a building area of 808 square meters.
In the ancient military history of Jiayuguan, the guerrilla generals were not only the command center of the Jiayuguan Great Wall defense system, but also the hub of the court to rule the place, check the business traveler’s contacts, contact the Western Region and Central Asia, and various ethnic minorities.
The guerrilla general’s restoration exhibition is based on historical historical materials. The existing architecture is used as the framework, and the ultra-realistic sculpture (polymer simulation sculpture) is the main form, showing the life history of Jiayuguan guerrilla generals.
First pier of the Great Wall
The first pier of the Great Wall is the Laihe Pier. The Ming Dynasty Jiajing 18 years (1539) was built by Li Han, the emperor of Suzhou, and it is the first pier from the west to the east of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty. It is the starting point of the west end of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty. An important part of the Jiayuguan Great Wall defense system. It is 7.5 kilometers away from Guancheng in the north, and the pier stands on the cliff nearly 80 meters high near the river.
In the Ming Dynasty, Jiayuguan ruled on “the belly, the edge, and the thirty-nine overseas piers.” The inner piers and the piers are lined up, intertwined and intertwined, and look at each other and exchange information. The first pier of the Great Wall is the most important pier in Guannan, and it is responsible for the military information of the Guannan and Qilian Mountains. There are docks, hummers, locusts, food and accommodation, salary, etc., equipped with a certain number of guards. The first pier of the Great Wall is an important base for Jiayuguan military defense. Here, there are many magical stories accompanying the majestic Jiayuguan. The poem: The First Pier of the Great Wall, “The Qingliu is on the verge of danger, and the Dalingyu has a continuous battle atmosphere. Glacier smells the demolition, and the Qiqi Rising Sun Dances.”
The first scenic spot of the Great Wall is about 3.22 square kilometers. The scenic spot includes the first pier of the Great Wall, the comprehensive service area, the snorkeling snorkeling, the squatting inn, the Tianshou Suspension Bridge, the “Drunken Sandy Field” sculpture group, and the “Chinese Dragon Forest”.
Walled Great Wall
Shiguanxia is also known as Shuiguanxia, with the snow-capped Qilian Mountain to the south and the towering Montenegro to the north. The Great Wall and the Great Wall of the Wall are an important part of the Jiayuguan Great Wall. In the 19th year of Ming Jiajing (1540), it was built by Li Han, the governor of Suzhou. The Great Wall of the Broken Wall is located in the south of the Heishan Gorge and is east-west. The wall of the Great Wall is in the north of the canyon. It is steep and straight, and the wall is majestic and cantilevered. It is called the “West Badaling”. These two great cities form an arched posture and jointly guard the Heishan Gorge.
The Shiguanxia Canopy Great Wall Cultural Relics Scenic Area is located 14 kilometers northwest of Jiayuguan City, 8.4 kilometers away from Jiayuguanguan City. The theme of the scenic spot is the ancient Silk Road culture and the Great Wall culture. The main contents of the tour include the Great Wall of the Great Wall, the “Silk Road” sculpture group and the ancient weapons exhibition of Jiayuguan.
The Shiguanxia Gusi Road Cultural Promenade District runs through the entire scenic spot and has a “Silk Ancient Road” sculpture group. The wall of the Great Wall Military Defense System has the contents of the Great Wall, the Water Gate and the ancient weapons exhibition. The new Great Wall, the Great Wall between the Great Wall and the Water Gate, is 158 meters long and is made of loess stone and sand.
The ancient silk road sculpture group engraved seven major historical figures and five followers, two horses and two peaks in the ancient Chinese in the Jiayuguan area, including Zhang Wei, Huo Deqing, Ban Chao, Xuanzang, Marco Polo, Lin Zexu and Zuo Zongtang. A camel and a carriage statue are used to show the long history and heavy humanistic connotation of Shiguanxia. Zhang Wei twice sent the Western Ambassador, Huo went to the army to attack the Xiongnu, and Tang Xuanzhao took the Western Heavens. The Italians Marco Polo entered the Central Plains and left their historical sites here.
Jiayuguan is the starting point of the west end of the Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty. It is the most spectacular construction of the Great Wall along the Ming Dynasty. The ancient military castle with the best preservation is the Ming Dynasty and its later generations. The important military fortress along the Great Wall is known as the “Chinese and foreign defenses”. “Hexi first pass” is called.
In 1961, the Great Wall Cultural Heritage “Wanli Great Wall – Jiayuguan” was announced by the State Council as the first batch of national key cultural relics protection units.
In 1987, it was included in the World Cultural Heritage List by UNESCO.
The Jiayuguan defense line has been in operation for more than 200 years. During the Ming Dynasty Wanli period, there were 60 Great Walls and side walls, nearly 70 piers, and several military camps (Zhanglaiquan Fort, Jiayuguan, Siying Zhuangzi, Yemawan Fort, New Castle, etc.) is the western defense system of the Ming Dynasty. The biggest feature is to make full use of the unique gorge of the river, the mountains of Montenegro and the grass of the new city. The Great Wall, the pier and the fortress are built on the sky. In this small area. Such a large number of national defense facilities and military engineering are rare in the world, which fully proves that what is important here. The Jiayuguan defense line is the most classic national defense project in the world. In the Hexi and Central Asia, there is no such place, which is suitable for establishing national defenses with the lowest cost and highest efficiency (the lowest cost).
The magic of the Jiayuguan defense line lies in its outer periphery, as well as greater natural and natural protection. It is the Qilian Mountain and the Heihe River Basin and the Badanjilin Desert on both sides. In ancient times, human beings could not bypass the Qilian Mountains and the Heihe River. Jiayuguan was the gateway to the Western Plains and the Western Regions. The natural bridge mouth, Xiaoyan and Temple Pass on the defense line are the fortress. The Jiayuguan defense line is on the dividing line between the two empire before and after the 16th century world, and is on the ruins of the Silk Road that affects the economic and trade of Eurasia. The Jiayuguan defense line has had a major impact on the history of the Ming Dynasty, Mongolia and the Western Regions. The Jiayuguan defense line is the turning point of human civilization.
Cultural relic protection
In 1984, the relevant departments carried out a large-scale protection and maintenance of Jiayuguan.
From 1986 to 1989, the state, province and city invested nearly 10 million yuan. The Jiayuguan Building was rebuilt, the main ancient buildings were repaired, the wall of Guancheng was repaired and reinforced, the Great Walls of the North and South Wings were repaired, and the Great Wall was restored. The Great Wall Museum has built a reception facility. After this maintenance, Jiayuguan basically restored its original majestic appearance.
In 1987, Jiayuguan was declared a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO.
On the morning of November 18, 2011, the launching ceremony of the Jiayuguan Cultural Heritage Protection Project was held in Jiayuguan Guancheng, marking Jiayuguan as the largest restoration project in history.
In December 2017, after five years of investment, Jiayuguan’s protection and maintenance project with an investment of about 305 million yuan was closed, and the historical appearance was reappeared through the protection of “repairing old as old”.
High season (May 1st – October 31st): 100.00 yuan
Off-season (November 1st – April 30th): 50.00 yuan
Battery sightseeing ticket in the scenic spot: 10 yuan
Free ticket: Children under 1.2 meters in height, active military personnel holding military officer’s card, disabled person with disability certificate, 70-year-old and above elderly people with ID card free tickets
Offer: 1.2m – 1.4m children, 60-year-old 69-year-olds with senior citizenship or ID card purchase scenic spot discount tickets
Jiayuguan Railway Station Bus 2 Road 4 Road End