Geographic location:Southern Xiamen
Ticket price:40.00 yuan
Suitable for the play season:March to November
Gulangyu-Wanshishan Scenic Spot is a famous tourist attraction in Xiamen. It is an AAAAA-level scenic spot. It is located in the southern part of Xiamen City, covering Wanshi Mountain, Gulangyu Island and part of Xiamen Bay.
The whole scenic spot has sea, mountains, islands, reefs, beaches, rocks, temples, flowers, and wooden gods. It has both ethnic style, overseas Chinese customs, and Fujian-Taiwan characteristics.
Introduction to scenic area
The scenic area is dominated by granite geology. The rock mass is exposed and the boulders are scattered. During the period, the valleys and streams are vertical and horizontal, the coastline is changeable, and the beaches are separated by mountains, islands and seas. The landscape of the plant is rich and colorful, forming a subtropical island scenery. The whole scenic spot has sea, mountains, islands, reefs, beaches, rocks, temples, flowers, and wooden gods. It has both ethnic style, overseas Chinese customs, and Fujian-Taiwan characteristics. In 1988, the overall plan was compiled. The total area of the scenic spot is 245.74 square kilometers, including 1.77 square kilometers of Gulangyu Island, 32.97 square kilometers of Wanshi Mountain and 211 square kilometers of sea area. Nature: It is a national-level scenic spot with ocean as the main body and spherical granite as its characteristics. It is a blend of mountains and seas, urban landscapes and cultural connotations. Divided into ten scenic spots: Sanwan Huihai (sea area), Wanchao Chaotian (Wanshishan), Gulangdongtian (Gulangyu), ancient temple Xinhui (South Putuo Temple), Huxi Night Moon (Huxiyan, Bailu Cave, Hongshan Temple), Jinbang Fishing Rock (Jinbang Mountain, Balcony Mountain), Hongji Guanri (Yudingyan, Jinji Pavilion), Shangli Exploration (Shangli Reservoir, Forest Park), Zengyi Holiday (Zengyi Seaside) , Huang Wei Guanjing (Huang Wei Scenic Area) and so on. Gulangyu Yilujiang is connected to Wanshi Mountain Scenic Area and is known as the “Garden of the Sea”. According to legend, there is a huge stone in the southwest corner of the island, which is hollowed out by the waves. Whenever the tide surges, the sound of the waves hitting the empty stone is named after the drum. The green coverage of the island is over 37%, and green trees, safflowers and grasses are spread all over the island. Strolling through the streets and lanes, there is no car, but the sound of the piano is melodious, known as the “island of music.” The main attractions are: Zheng Chenggong stone carving giant statue, Yueyue Garden, Lin Qiaozhi Memorial Park – Gion Garden, Guanhai Garden, Sunlight Rock and Zheng Chenggong Memorial Hall, water station, etc.; and the sea by boat to enjoy the beauty of mountains, rocks, cliffs, reefs and beaches. A round-the-island tour of the coastal landscape.
History and culture
Gulangyu was originally a desert island. At the end of the Yuan Dynasty, the initial extension was completed. In the late Ming and early Qing dynasties, Zheng Chenggong set up a camp to train the Navy. After the sea ban was opened, it began to prosper. As early as in the 37th year of Emperor Kangxi (1698), there had been foreign contacts. After the Opium War, Xiamen was turned into a five-port trade port, and Gulangyu was occupied by the British. In the 28th year of Emperor Guangxu (1902), the consulates of Britain, the United States, France, Germany, Japan, Portugal, Netherlands, Austria, Spain, Norway, Sweden, the Philippines and the Qing court signed the “Guidelines of the Public Lands of Xiamen Gulangyu”, Gulangyu For the power of the “public concession.” There are 13 different buildings in the country, which are known as the “World Architecture Museum”. In the 17th year of the Republic of China (1928), in order to commemorate Zheng Chenggong, Yanping Park was built, including Sunlight Rock, covering an area of 587 hectares. In the 1930s, overseas Chinese and giant merchants built villas and private gardens on the island. The famous ones include Guanqing Villa, Huangjia Villa, Xinzhuang Garden, Yiyuan Garden and Guanhai Villa. During the Japanese occupation in the 1940s, it was seriously damaged. In the 1950s, the family of Linerjia dedicated the Xinzhuang Garden to the country, and the government carried out comprehensive repairs. The “Yanzi Tomb” of Huangyan Road was turned into a liberation park, and later changed to Gulangyu Concert Hall. In the 1960s, street greening and small amusement park construction were carried out. The Peace Park will be built, and the waterfront bathing room, the Guoxingjing restaurant and the fountain will be built on the west side of the country’s surname. From the late 1970s to the 1980s, large-scale landscaping construction was carried out, with a green area of 1.52 hectares, more than 100,000 plants and shrubs planted, and 4,097 square meters of lawn. Repairing Sunlight Rock and Temple, adding terraced hills; investing 700,000 yuan, repairing Xinzhuang Garden, newly building Meishoutang, reshaping Linerjia bronze statue, adding Jiantaoxuan, Sheling Garden, and Hard Rock Mountain House Renovation of the beach and supporting facilities after the departure of the Hong Kong Aberdeen, rebuilding the Peace Park, covering an area of 1.78 hectares; newly built Haoyue Garden with an area of 1.94 hectares; erecting a total height of 15.7 meters, weighing more than 1,400 tons, and costing 1.22 million yuan, 625 blocks The statue of Zheng Chenggong made of granite; the white marble statue of the newly built Liyuan and Lin Qiaozhi, as well as the Gulang Park and Beacon Hill Park; the opening of the Dadeji Bathing Beach; the opening of the Huandao Road and the construction of the Guanhaiyuan Tourist Wharf. In 1990, a embossed sculpture was created in the Yueyue Garden to reproduce Zheng Cheng’s expulsion of the Dutch invaders. The main body is 4.7 meters high and 13.7 meters wide, with 200 tons of copper.
Wanshi Mountain View
The west and north of Wanshi Mountain Scenic Area is the urban area, the Lujiang River is connected to the Gulangyu Scenic Area, the east and the south are the scenic sea areas, the peaks and boulders are all over, the granite mountainous landscape is unique, the rock is strange and strange, and it is in various poses. Gully valleys, streams, peaks and undulating, the beach stretches. The old four scenic spots in Xiamen are mostly in this scenic spot, such as “Hongji Guanri”, “Balcony Sunset”, “Wan Shou Song”, “Wanshi Suyun”, “Zhongyan Yuxi” and so on. It is mainly composed of Xiamen Garden Botanical Garden, Huxi Hongshan, Nanputuo Temple and Hulishan Fort. The garden botanical garden is located in the northwest of the scenic spot. The main peaks include Taiping Mountain, Zhongyan Mountain, Shitou Mountain, Banling Mountain and Maitreya Mountain. The main valleys include Tunxi and Shuimokeng Creek, which are concentrated in the artificial lake Wanshiyan Reservoir. There are more than 3,000 kinds of cultivated plants in the park, including more than 20 specialized gardens and planting areas such as pine cedar garden, palm garden, introduction and domestication area, succulent area and orchid scorpion. Nanputuo Temple is a famous ancient temple in southern Anhui. It was built in the Tang Dynasty. The main buildings include Daxiong Hall, Dabei Hall and Zangjing Pavilion. The collection includes Burmese Jade Buddha and Mingda Tibetan Classics. The Huli Mountains are the prominent parts of the mountains, forming a cliff in the sea, building a fort in the Qing Dynasty, and the northern half is a tower, a mountain rock, and a garden. It is one of the Xiamen Haiphong Fortress. Huxi and Hongshan are in the Qingshan Mountains outside the western part of the scenic spot, and the Yuping Mountain in the north branch has the “Huxi Night Moon”. Every 15th night of the lunar calendar, the moonlight shines on the tiger carving, and the stone wall is projected, and the shadow moves with the light, just like a living tiger. The south branch of Hongshan, because of the two mountains, the wind and rain, the wind and rain are indefinite, the rain is intertwined, like weaving and grain, forming the “Hongshan weaving rain” spectacle.
The Wanshi Mountain Scenic Area has a long history of history and ancient architecture. However, before 1950, it was a barren mountain, with exposed rocks and serious soil erosion. In 1952, the Wanshiyan Reservoir with a water storage capacity of 150,000 cubic meters was built. After 1953, four masses of scenic forest activities were carried out. In 1959, a 300-square-meter plant cultivation greenhouse and the Wanshiyan specimen building were built, and the arboritum was opened in the following year. In the 1960s, the construction of botanical gardens was determined by the Ministry of Construction and Construction, which was suspended during the Cultural Revolution and continued in the 1970s. In 1977, Mao Dun wrote the name of the garden for the Botanical Garden. Since the 1980s, it has developed rapidly. In 1984, Xiamen Buddhism Association raised 1 million yuan overseas to rebuild Yuping Temple and its ancillary facilities with a building area of 580 square meters. In 1986, Xiamen City Bureau of Landscapes invested 71,000 yuan to build Huxi Park, rebuild mountain roads, and repair and build a new two-storey round pavilion. Around 1987, the investment of 35,000 yuan, reconstruction of Wanshilian Temple, construction area of 360 square meters, Zhao Puchu wrote the temple; investment 400,000 yuan to rebuild Jinji Ting Temple, the main temple 70 square meters, Memorial Hall 200 square meters, housing 700 Square meter; investment of 1.36 million yuan, construction of Tianjie Temple, construction area of 2,220 square meters; the above investment is raised by Xiamen Buddhist Association to overseas. At the same time, the Xiamen Municipal Construction Committee invested 1 million yuan to build the Taipingyan Ancient Temple with a building area of 2,000 square meters. In addition, Hongshan Temple, Nanputuo Temple were built, Hulishan Fort and Dongpingshan Reservoir were opened, and some plant scenic spots were newly opened. According to statistics: By 1985, more than 4,000 species of plants were introduced from botanical gardens. By 1987, a total of 34,774,500 trees had been planted, and now they are now shaded by trees.